[No Action] Better NPC Management Jaheira & Khalid issue

draconiak

Hello there. I've done a TUTU run a while back and that was the first time I came across the rather huge and skillful BG modding community, and this rather tasty mod. Anyway, I don't want to delve into more compliments just to shoo off the first post anxiety and excuse me if this was brought up before but I'm kinda lazy to do a search right now and seeing that v19 changelist doesn't include this I think it's best if I brought this up.

On to the topic at hand then: I've done a megamod install with the help of BWP recently and I ran into a rather little annoyance. Whenever I kick Jaheira or Khalid from the party they leave the screen and spawn back at Friendly Arm Inn to their original starting position. Upon talking with them there Better NPC Management dialogues work normally (sending them to other inns etc.). Anyway, I snooped around a bit and found out that both JAHEIRAP.DLG and KHALIDP.DLG includes the actions to leave the area ("EscapeAreaDestroy" or something like that I can't remember it now). Upon deleting those lines it's now working normally. I know for a fact that this wasn't an issue on Tutu, so I'd assume that this is either due to a conflict with the other mods or it's an overlooked issue on Better NPC Management component. From what I can understand of the mod itself I doubt the former is the problem for I think those files are custom files created by BG1NPC mod. I opt for the latter for BGT and Tutu installations require separate components and the one for BGT has this small issue.

I might be wrong though, for a basic google search yielded no results to such an issue, so I might be the only one getting it anyway but I just wanted to let you guys know and hopefully leave something on the internet for future google hits on the same issue if it ever happens.

Cheers!

Edit: Oh and before I forget NearInfinity finds an error on SetDialogueFile commands for both Jaheira and Khalid upon getting kicked from party. It doesn't seem to cause problems on the game though I'm not sure.

I will try to flag this for for recheck/crosscheck with DavidW and Ascension64 - I am pretty sure the folks you want are BGT Tweaks over at SHS. On Tutu, our "Wait At An Inn" installs and is used, but on BGT, our stuff is dropped in favor of the BGT and SCS ones:

/* BG1 NPC Final Modifications (Wait at an Inn, Change NPC Starting Locations, Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script, Walking Speeds Component, Player-Initiated Dialogues */
/* NPCs Wait at Inn */
BEGIN @1064  /* The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn. */
 GROUP @1065 /* The BG1 NPC Project: Tweaks */
 REQUIRE_PREDICATE (!FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~dw#12.xxx~) @1066 /* This component is already handled by Sword Coast Strategems. To use the BG1 NPC version, please uninstall the SCS version first. */
 REQUIRE_PREDICATE (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW0100.are~) @1095 /* Incompatible with BGT: please use the equivalent component in SwordCoastStrategems for BGT */
 REQUIRE_FILE ~override/X#BG1NPCCore.G3~ @1004 /* BG1 NPC Required Changes component is not installed. */
COPY ~BG1NPC/Core/X#component.xx~ ~override/X#WaitAtInn.G3~

etc.

But thanks for bringing it up, as it may be something those folks would like to know!

Archived