Is there any solution to use 1pp's shield animations?

leania

Hi.

I'm really satisfied about IR mod now, but I want to know how to use both IR's modifications of whole items and 1pp's animation changes.

Because I hate the animations of shields in BG2 (I think that the designs clash with BG's background which is Medieval fantasy), I want to use 1pp's animation change components of each shields.

Let me know how to use both mods as I want to do.

Hi.

I'm really satisfied about IR mod now, but I want to know how to use both IR's modifications of whole items and 1pp's animation changes.

Because I hate the animations of shields in BG2 (I think that the designs clash with BG's background which is Medieval fantasy), I want to use 1pp's animation change components of each shields.

Let me know how to use both mods as I want to do.

IR V2 already use 1PP's animations for shields (didn't you noticed it?), whereas I use both them and vanilla's ones in V3. I'd suggest to not install anything shield related (e.g. 1PP's shield component) over IR if you don't want to mess it up.

And I have a question.

Bard can't use composite long bow even though they are able to use normal long bow.

Is it your intention to give more advantage for fighters/rangers?

I don't remeber right now...I guess it's vanilla's behaviour because I don't remember any change related to this.

Ya, I know that IRv2 uses BG1's shield animations. But I found some of small and midium shields are still shown to BG2's shield animations... I installed 1PP's shield components before I install IRv2. And I didn't install any mods which changes some animations in the game.

It seems the issue with shields was reported a long time ago. Can you look into it please, Demivrgvs?
I will asap, but keep in mind that having both BG1 and BG2 small/medium shield animations is very intentional! For example Nature's Ward small shield is using BG2 Reflection Shield inventory and carried icons, thus it still uses BG2 small shield animation. Even if I wanted to remove all instances of BG2 small/medium shield animations (I don't because I prefer to keep the variety and I don't hate those animations as much as you) I would need new inventory/carried icons for all those shields (BG1 has very few of them and I don't have enough to assign them to all BG2 specimens).

As far as I remember I used BG1 animations as much as I could for bucklers (all of them) and small shields (all BG1 icons are used), but very few medium shields are using BG1 animation. I'll try to see if I can at least make all BG1 medium shields use BG1 icons (aka 1PP legacy shield animations) .

I like variety. And I don't hate the BG2 shields animation. I hate their paperdoll icons which are beyond ugly.

The issue is that all medium shields are using the BG2 paperdoll and animation, not only the one found in Soa and ToB. There must be some problem in the code because the legacy medium shield (D3) animations are there and copied to override. But for some reason (which I can't fathom) it does not work and the BG1 medium shields disappeared completely from the game.

Not intending to crash your topic here Salk, but what's the status of Large shields? Those are (IMO) the worst "offenders" - for them I vastly prefer the BG1 animation and paperdoll.

Oh and Demi, I support the idea of variety! :)

There is unfortunately no 1PP release for restoring the BG1 Large Shield animations... :(

As I said to Demi above, I think that the real worst offenders are not much the animations themselves but rather the art of the shield representations themselves (inventory icon and paperdoll icon).

I like variety. And I don't hate the BG2 shields animation. I hate their paperdoll icons which are beyond ugly.
Got it. I guess you like IR's Dragon Scale Shield though, right? As I said, I can

The issue is that all medium shields are using the BG2 paperdoll and animation, not only the one found in Soa and ToB. There must be some problem in the code because the legacy medium shield (D3) animations are there and copied to override. But for some reason (which I can't fathom) it does not work and the BG1 medium shields disappeared completely from the game.
I think I assigned BG1 animation only to Balduran Shield. I don't remember if there was something behind that decision (color palette?) or not. Anyway, as I said, I can only use that animation on a very few amount of shields as only BG1 specimens had matching inventory and carried bams.

Large shields are a different story, 1PP doesn't cover them but I tried to use some BG1 rectangular inventory/carried icons anyway (thus not matching avatar animation) because BG2 large shields were all looking almost identical.

Archived