Soundslot.ids vs near infinity

StrongArmand

Hello,

I'm trying to understand all fields of soundslot.ids and I've processed to few test in the game but when I look in near infinity some components of this file seem to be not very clear. For example :

* In NI there are seven select action whereas in iesdp i've just three component of this kind

* BIOGRAPHY_TEXT is not available in near infinity

Moreover I've some difficulties to understand the meaning of some fields :

61 DIALOG_HOSTILE

62 DIALOG_DEFAULT

50 SPECIAL1

51 SPECIAL2

52 SPECIAL3

39 INTERACTION1

40 INTERACTION2

41 INTERACTION3

42 INTERACTION4

43 INTERACTION5

01 MORALE

I don't understand the utility of these values...

_hostile is string to display if the hostile creature is spoken to.

_default is string to display if referenced dialogue file has no true states when spoken to.

Morale is string to display when morale failure occurs.

I don't remember Special slots offhand; Interaction is used in BG/TotSC to have various party members randomly banter with feedback strings only (they'll occasionally say things to or about each other).

Near Infinity uses your local IDS to label the fields, so if it's not in your IDS it won't be labeled in NI.

I don't remember Special slots offhand; Interaction is used in BG/TotSC to have various party members randomly banter with feedback strings only (they'll occasionally say things to or about each other).
That is correct. They trigger via interact.2da via entries with 's' defined.

Thanks for your replies, I understand more things.

Near Infinity uses your local IDS to label the fields, so if it's not in your IDS it won't be labeled in NI.

Ok, so I think that this list isn't and that's NI which is right. Besides, I'll try to test biography fields... If it's workable it would be very interesting.

BIO(graphy) and EXISTANCE5 (sp.) are the same field - the value at 0x1cc (hex) or 460 (decimal). The WeiDU document actually lists all these under the "WeiDU constants" section.

If you are going by IDS values, the labels may vary, so it's best to use the numerical values (74 in this case for BIO).

Archived