Mod changed my spell descriptions

LumpyMilk

I just installed BG2 fresh, had an assortment of mods ready to go (most of which I've used before), and ran into an issue I've never encountered before.

I started a new game, go to set my spells, and the spell books for both myself (divine) and Imoen (arcane) are filled with bad puns and/or random quotes. For example, the Bless spell just says "Then please leave me alone." Nothing more.

I backed up my installation before installing the mods, but I'd like to avoid reinstalling the same garbage if I can. Anybody know which mod does this? I installed the Spell Revisions mod (first time using it) and suspected that to be the culprit, but Google turns up nothing on this issue, nor do the forums for that mod. Very frustrating.

The mods I used, and in order:

G3 fixpack

Unfinished Business

Vampire Tales

NPC mods (Tsujatha, Neht, Darian, Fade, Ilyos)

Crossmodbg2

Underrepresented Items

D0QuestPack

Improved Horns

Thief Stronghold

Item Upgrade

1pp mods (flaming swords, bg1 shields, staff)

Oversight

Spell Revisions

Rogue Rebalancing

G3 Tweaks

Widescreen

Any ideas?

Any ideas?
Did you actually start a new game after installing all the mods, and not load a premade save, as this is usually the cause of the problem.

Completely fresh install, completely new game. Just popped the cage in Château Irenicus.

I verified the install order as well, and the mod only says to install with other weidu mods, but after npc mods.

I restored my backup already, unfortunately. However for curiosity's sake I could go through and install everything in the same order, if somebody wanted it.

In the meantime I'm just going to take it slow and check my game after every mod install, see if I can't weed it out that way. I haven't ruled out bad strings of course, although I did recheck the SR compatibility and everything seemed fine from a "should be" point of view, so we'll see. If I can replicate the issue I'll post my logs, and if I can otherwise determine where the problem came from I'll be sure to share that as well.

Archived