Comments on Vesper's Earrings

Bri

Let me first state that I didn't really catch too much dislike of Keldorn in the story. Oh, it was definitely not pro-Keldorn, but that is a fair stance to take in a story.

After all, he does favor duty over his family, though as a paladin he should be able to balance both.

I will admit that this is some of your clearest writing I've seen Domi.

A theme I liked and you introduced was how Vesper was growing up...and Keldorn wasn't there at all.

The only part that had me partially scratching my head was the small bit with Sir Ryan. Did Keldorn do something, and now he is in trouble? Or will this be expounded later?

Let me first state that I didn't really catch too much dislike of Keldorn in the story. Oh, it was definitely not pro-Keldorn, but that is a fair stance to take in a story.

I am glad to hear it :blush:

After all, he does favor duty over his family, though as a paladin he should be able to balance both.

nodds

I will admit that this is some of your clearest writing I've seen Domi.

Thank you! That's the best compliment - I did so hope that I was improving :cry:

A theme I liked and you introduced was how Vesper was growing up...and Keldorn wasn't there at all.

Keldorn - coming soon in the story near you!

Good stuff Domi. :blush:

I like the idea of a little slice of life behind the scenes of BG2, away from all the liches, dungeons and ancient evils. Vesper's got her problems too, and lucky for her they don't involve a crazed soulless mage. :cry:

I still am reading it Domi ;-)

Anyways, the only thing I really found incongruos is in the various last part you added with Sir Kamir...you use the word 'mopping' when I believe you meant 'moping'. Unless you meant a 'mopping up' operation on cleaning out the goblins.

Heh, normally I gloss over minor stuff, but this one did change the meaning of the sentence for me briefly. I had this image of a person in full metal armor...mopping the headstones in a cemetary.

Archived