Is there a mod for this?

Hi there!

I have a question revolving around identification. I am now using the BG2 tweakpack mod that allows identification to be unnecesary. I find this kind of sad, because I don't mind the process of it to much. I actually like the tension of finding out what I'm carrying. Sadly, I just hate that you have to identify EVERYTHING over and over again. For example, in my lower levels I had to identify +1 arrows every single time.

So I was wondering if there was a mod that allows you to know the type of item after you already identified it. So let's take as an example that you only need to identify the +1 arrows only once, and then you know what they are for the rest of the game.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there!

I have a question revolving around identification. I am now using the BG2 tweakpack mod that allows identification to be unnecesary. I find this kind of sad, because I don't mind the process of it to much. I actually like the tension of finding out what I'm carrying. Sadly, I just hate that you have to identify EVERYTHING over and over again. For example, in my lower levels I had to identify +1 arrows every single time.

So I was wondering if there was a mod that allows you to know the type of item after you already identified it. So let's take as an example that you only need to identify the +1 arrows only once, and then you know what they are for the rest of the game.

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately no, as that simple thing is actually quite hard to code...

Just remember that if you want to identify more than a few arrows at a time, you need to just put them into the same slot/quiver and then identify them all at once. And with arrows and the kinda stuff, they usually have low lore requirement to identify, so ...

Might make for an interesting twist to create a tweak that allows only the item's basic use, if unidentified, instead of not being able to equip/use it at all if you're unable to identify it for a while. This would probably be appropriate mainly to weapons and armor.

- E

Archived