Stuck in Ymmyrt's mansion (spoilers)

Guest Adraventus

Guest Adraventus

Hello everyone,

I had a wave of nostalgia, so I reinstalled BG2 with a few mods and I am playing through the story again. I reached the point where Amber got kidnapped by slavers - went to the slave ship, got the map, used the map, got to Ymmyrt's estate. I fought the ranger outside, got the wardstone. Went inside, killed all the guards, talked to the cook/girl (they both didn't really say anything useful, except that Ymmyrt eats every n hours). I went upstairs, killed the demon, then talked to the imp... and now I cannot figure out where to proceed. There are two locked doors, that didn't open - the ranger chick didn't show up after the demon died, and I cannot figure out where to move to reach the lab or how to open the two doors on the floor.

I am probably missing something *really* obvious but after being stuck on this for a long time, I am willing to be called an idiot in exchange for some help :)

Anyway - if anyone can help, I'd be really grateful!

A.

Guest Adrevantus
from what I remember, the stairs to the lab are in the room with the nasty color imps.

I don't even know where that is... I'm stuck in the first two rooms (the entry room where all the guards are, and the room above which you reach using the wardstone where the imp is with the library). I can't proceed past those two initial rooms at all - I figured killing the demon would unlock the next two rooms, but instead in that room there are two rooms that are locked and cannot be lock picked.

I believe that the demon drops a key which allows you to enter either of the two locked doors. (which are to the north correct?)

If you have the key from the demon and have opened those doors then the stairway is past the bed in the bedroom.

PS grab a couple of knock scrolls and memorize detect trap with your cleric if Amber was your only theif.

Guest Adrevantus
I believe that the demon drops a key which allows you to enter either of the two locked doors. (which are to the north correct?)

If you have the key from the demon and have opened those doors then the stairway is past the bed in the bedroom.

PS grab a couple of knock scrolls and memorize detect trap with your cleric if Amber was your only theif.

Hmm - the demon didn't drop any key for me. Any clue what the name of the key is so I can try to maybe manually edit it with shadow keeper? I have no clue why it didn't drop... maybe I accidentally got the kill with a chromatic orb set to petrify?

Hmmmmmm its been a while. I could be remembering it wrong. The wordstone gets you up the stairs and then I though the Demon dropped an item that opened the doors.

Am correct in assuming that you cannot open either of the two northern doors on the second level?

Do you have a thief in the party without Amber?

Have you tried a knock spell on those doors?

Archived