Harm is a normal damage spell

i30817

I just read that SR changed harm to a flat 150 dm spell with save for half.

Doesn't this make the spell less unique?

Why not drop to 1 hp if target has less or equal than 90 hp and cause 90 pt dmg if he has more (with a save for half hp loss or 45 hp if > than 90) or something?

Why not drop to 1 hp if target has less or equal than 90 hp and cause 90 pt dmg if he has more (with a save for half hp loss or 45 hp if > than 90) or something?
Fixed amount of damage, but no killing if reaching 0 hp... I like it, and it's easy to do as well.
Fixed amount of damage, but no killing if reaching 0 hp... I like it, and it's easy to do as well.
Mmm, a mix of how it worked within AD&D and how it worked in 3E...I kinda like it. Are you thinking of using "min 1 hp" (a la troll) with 0-1 seconds duration to keep the target alive?

It's also possible to inflict magic damage as a percentage of total hp (a value of 3 in the first byte and 64 in the third byte for damage type) or a percentage of max hp (2 in the first byte), it's somewhat weird though, as it ignores magic damage resistance. On the other hand, it's equally powerful regardless of how tough the creature is - which is more like vanilla harm, even though that was overpowered.

Archived