Kit Modding Question Help!

february1088

First of all, I'm super surprised that there is an active forum still remaining for BG2. It's great.

I have 2 kit modding questions.

I saw Camdawg's kit tutorial, and I kinda gave up on creating my own kit. Rather than creating it, I found that editing an existing mod, changing the names & abilities were much easier to do, for a computer illiterate person like me.

So I've been messing around with the existing kits using Near Infinity.

I am trying to edit my kensai so that he can cast 'Stoneskin' as innate ability.

Kensai is located in CLABFI04.2DA.

Basically, I made a copy of stoneskin, changed it to innate rather than wizard, then saved it under a different spell name: SPCL408. And then. at level 1, I put in GA_SPCL408

Everything works fine, I start up new game, I see that my kensai can use stoneskin through special ability. HOWEVER, when he levels up, his stoneskin spell disappears. I have no idea what's causing this. His other spell (I gave him Death Spell) works fine and remains there after he levels up. Can someone help?

For my 2nd question, how do edit a kit where I get immunity to whatever at certain level? I know how to edit it so that I can get immunity to stun (for ex.) at level 1, but I dont know how to edit it so that I get that immunity when I reach a certain level. Do I just write "AP_SP&*&* under a certain level?

Please help me out! This forum is my last hope

First of all, I'm super surprised that there is an active forum still remaining for BG2. It's great.

I have 2 kit modding questions.

I saw Camdawg's kit tutorial, and I kinda gave up on creating my own kit. Rather than creating it, I found that editing an existing mod, changing the names & abilities were much easier to do, for a computer illiterate person like me.

So I've been messing around with the existing kits using Near Infinity.

I am trying to edit my kensai so that he can cast 'Stoneskin' as innate ability.

Kensai is located in CLABFI04.2DA.

Basically, I made a copy of stoneskin, changed it to innate rather than wizard, then saved it under a different spell name: SPCL408. And then. at level 1, I put in GA_SPCL408

Everything works fine, I start up new game, I see that my kensai can use stoneskin through special ability. HOWEVER, when he levels up, his stoneskin spell disappears. I have no idea what's causing this. His other spell (I gave him Death Spell) works fine and remains there after he levels up. Can someone help?

The editors, if I remember correctly, Near Infinity is really not made to edit spells, as much as other things... you might wish to use the DLTCEP v7.2d . And make sure you use the latest version of the editors.

Now, besides the spell needing to be innate spell, the spell icons location needs to be set in the innates, and that is easy to forget. Are you sure you did for all the spell casting levels ? It's the Extended headers "location" info. The zero(0) is None, 1 is weapon, 2 is normal spell, 3 is equipment, and 4 is innate... so it needs to be set as 4.

For my 2nd question, how do edit a kit where I get immunity to whatever at certain level? I know how to edit it so that I can get immunity to stun (for ex.) at level 1, but I don't know how to edit it so that I get that immunity when I reach a certain level. Do I just write "AP_SP&*&* under a certain level?
Yes, and here the table setup can cheese your attempts, as most of the lines have just "xxxx" in them, and the lines if there no other spells at that set level, the file only has 6 character length column, which is too short to add the 3+8+2 characters the spell can need... so you need to rearrange the all the columns so the proper info starts on the proper line...

Thanks Jarno! The problem did lie on the different extensions of innate. Because of you, I was able to finalize my 'Fallen Kensai' kit

Basic Pros of Kensai + May Cast Stoneskin once for every 10 levels + May cast Death spell once per day + Immune to stun + Immune to Death Magic + 1% Magic Resist per level (50% at level 50)

His stoneskin is unbreachable because I made him immune to dispelling combat protections.

Yes, some of you guys might think its OP, I know but I kinda like my characters slightly overpowered. It`s only slightly overpowered because I am using him to solo ascension + SCS II mod installed.

Yes, and here the table setup can cheese your attempts, as most of the lines have just "xxxx" in them, and the lines if there no other spells at that set level, the file only has 6 character length column, which is too short to add the 3+8+2 characters the spell can need... so you need to rearrange the all the columns so the proper info starts on the proper line...

I don't understand this part. So you are saying I need to make sure the file names and everything fit on the line perfectly? Is that the only thing I really need to worry about?

no, just that all the cells have values, or they'll be applied at different levels.

Slightly OP is an understatement, especially with the other boni! Now you just have to tell us you'll dualclass him ...

no, just that all the cells have values, or they'll be applied at different levels.

Slightly OP is an understatement, especially with the other boni! Now you just have to tell us you'll dualclass him ...

Hahaha actually I am! Into a thief when he reaches level 24 or 25

I've gotten the stoneskin / magic resist per level to work but I havent been able to get the immune to stun to work for some reason

I thought it worked in beginning of the game when I tried it out but now it doesnt seem like it works now that Im level 16...I wonder why..

Basically I took the original priest spell 'Death Ward', added immunity to stun to it, then saved it as SPCL409, and added AP_SPCL409 at level 1

Why doesnt it work :(

Okay. Thank you for helping me. I am editing another kit...this time a lot more OP than last time.

White Inquisitor

Inquisitors are those that have dedicated their lives to finding and eliminating practitioners of evil magic and defeating the forces of darkness, and god has provided them with special abilities towards that end. Within this group of paladins, the most devoted of them all are blessed with holy powers by Helm himself. Known as the ‘White Inquisitor’, this special paladin has holy auras that empower him and weaken foes around him. In addition, the sheer pure energy that have merged with him grant him protection from many impure and vile effects.

• Advantages:
    • May use Dispel Magic ability once per day per 4 levels (starts at 1st level with one use). The ability is used at a speed factor of 1 and acts at twice his actual level.
    • May cast True Sight once per day per 4 levels (starts at 1st level with one use).
    • May cast Chaotic Command once per day per 4 levels (starts at 1st level with one use).
    • Immune to Hold, Charm, and Fear spells.
    • 10th level: May cast Negative Plane Protection once per day
    • 11th level: Immunity to Slow
    • 13th level: Immunity to Maze and Death spells
    • 15th level: Immunity to Stun
    • 16th level: Gains Faith Aura. Grants the paladin with +1 to damage, +1 to hit, -1 bonus to AC, -1 bonus to all saving throws, 30% magic resistance, 30% damage resistance. It remains permanently active.
    • 20th level: Immunity to Time Stop.
    • 24th level: Immunity to level 1 to 3 spells.
    • 30th level: May cast Genesis once per day. Deals 100 pure damage to any enemy. No save and bypasses magical resistance.
    • 35th level: Gains Celestial Aura. Any enemy within 10’ radius must make a difficult save or be level drained by 4 levels. Additionally, any enemy that is level 8 or lower will instantly be killed. Any enemy that is level 12 or lower will be stunned. Any enemy that is level 15 or lower will be slowed. It remains permanently active.

[*]Disadvantages:

• May not cast priest spells.
    • May not turn undead.
    • May not use Cure Disease ability.

So my question is...how do I make the last aura work? I can do the level drain part, but how do I make it so that the spell checks the levels of enemies and instantly applies status effect to it? (btw Im going to make auras have graphics constantly on the character, kinda like diablo 2's paladin)

Archived