And then imagination failed me...

Domi

It happens, rarely, but it does. For a few months now I tried to imagine PC initiated repetitive flirts for Dynaheir. And the whooping two so far came to my mind. I am happy with LT sequence, I am happy with NPCs reactions, I've even scraped together topics for Dynaheir-initiated flirts.. but I go as blank as a computer screen during power outage when I start thinking on PC-initiated flirts. So... suggest it or you risk to be stuck with those two I managed plus "Kiss Dynaheir" , "Hold Dynaheir's hand" and the similar garden variety cetera :thumbsup:

One that could be useable at any stage of the romance would be CHARNAME doing something sweet for Dynaheir. Cooking breakfast for her, or offering to carry her pack. Not really a "gift" flirt, just something that would strike CHARNAME as something nice to do at the moment. Also, thanks to the ambiguity of such an action, Dynaheir wouldn't know if CHARNAME is trying to subtly express interest or if he's just a nice guy.

I like the 'show courtesy' lining of the idea, but I am looking for action that can be repeated, can happen under any circumstances and generate different responces; So it eliminates the cooking challenge, but sharing a snack (and a different type of it) could work. I did the backpack carrying for Valygar, so I'd rather not repeat myself :thumbsup:

Flowers? I'm not too familiar with Rashiman culture, but perhaps picking a flower for her as you walk along? It could be repeated and maybe a choice of different flowers could be randomly selected.

If you want to be cute, you could include an options were if it is repeated 5 times in a row, back to back, Dynaheir could ask the PC if he wants her to open a flower shop instead of being a mage. Or the PC could even accidentally give her a piece of poison ivy or something she develops a rash from and needs to be cured. (I know. I'm sick :thumbsup: )

Dynaheir is a serious, scholarly sort of lady and the PC was raised in a library, so you could have the PC quote different poets. Not necessarily specific quotes for the PC, that might be too restrictive of responses, just a general line like "You quote Rinaldo, the classical amorous poet, in praise of Dynaheir's beauty." And then she could quote back at the PC or give a more personal reaction. You could also invent pastoral poets, heroic poets or whatever if you want to keep the PC's side general or you could use actual quotes for the PC that you personally are fond of.

I have bard PC responces in a few lovetalks which 'improvise' poetry for Dynaheir, so this one will go very well along with it. I guess PC does not have to be a bard to remeber a few lines, and there is a certain comic potential there *check*

If you're still looking for ideas, what about CHARNAME asking Dynaheir how a Rashemi man would court a woman? He'd then have the opportunity to act on her response; if it's early in the romance, she could become a bit angry, thinking CHARNAME is mocking her culture or playing around or some such thing, while in the later stages of the romance, she could react differently . . . flattered or serious, ect.

I wish I could be of more help. Maybe if I'd played the first BG game I'd have better ideas. :thumbsup:

Archived