To sing or not to sing?

Jarvan

how to play bards? should i just keep them singing in combat or should i attack as well? I noticed the aftercast duration of the song buff is really short, so it seems that i could only pick on either attacking or an aurabot, not both. any good bard guides out there? I keep searching but i only see blade guides, focusing on hack and slash stuff, does the song not worth it?

It's worth it for bard's silmulacrums(vhailor's helm) and misleads and whatnot, but in combat, even the worst fighter is better than even the best buff. Usually. And as for Jester's, a 5 level Chaos spell is much more effective.

song and silence rebalances the bards to be more useful for singing. Or if you want a directly hurting bard song, check the conductor kit. Also, you later get lingering song as a HLA (or is it just in iwd2?), which prolongs the effects of the song for additional two rounds after the bard shuts up.

From Readme:

Skald's Song:

By chanting a war song, a Skald can inspire allies as they go forward into combat. Chanting can elevate spirits, remove concerns about danger, keep men's minds focused on combat and fill friendly forces with a sense of being larger than life. The effects of the song further improve as the Skald gains more levels:

1st: gives allies +2 to hit, +2 to damage, -2 to AC and immunity to Fear

9th: gives allies +3 to hit, +3 to damage, -3 to AC, immunity to Fear and Confusion

18th: gives allies +4 to hit, +4 to damage, -4 to AC, immunity to Fear, Stun and Confusion.

Really great!

Archived