Unofficial test release

Optional But Cool: Additional Hero Quests in Trademeet Wait Until Hero is Officially Named

In Trademeet Jenia would initiate her quest, referring to the PC as the Hero of Trademeet, prior to the official ceremony that designates the PC as such. This component changes Jenia to wait until the ceremony to initiate her quest.

It should be removed from readme, or greyed out, or whatever.

Yeah, this has been in the Core Fixes ever since David Gaider confirmed it.

We should probably skim over the readme and check for any other inconsistencies too.

Speaking of the readme, I just want to say that the German readme file (lies_mich_bg2fixpack.htm) can be removed from the Fixpack directory in the next release. As a German player I assure you that there is no need to include this outdated file anymore, which was last updated four and a half years ago, and the translation is poor anyway.

There are no readmes for other languages either. Given the amount of effort that goes into properly maintaining a thorough documentation of the Fixpack, I think having only the English readme as the single, unambiguous reference is the way to go.

I just bought BG1 and 2 from GOG and downloaded (not installed) BGT. My intention is to run BGT with the Fixpack. I decided on BGT vs TUTU due to what I see as a easier movement of characters from BG1 to BG2.

I had a couple of questions for you before I actually get started. I'm pulling info from http://www.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/baldurs_gate_2_essential_mods/page1 which could be outdated (Nov 2010). I did go through the readme before posting as well.

1. In it's current version 1.3.2 does the Fixpack need to be installed in addition to BGT? I want to make sure it's not bundled together.

2. On the gog post a step is included to "fix" the music "13. Go to your Baldur's Gate II directory, then find and run the file Setup-BGTMusic.exe and select 'Hybrid Baldur’s Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal music'. This makes it possible to hear the original Baldur's Gate music when playing Baldur's Gate I." Has this been "fixed" with the current version of BGT and/or the Fixpack?

3. If and when BGT and fixpack are updated do the old versions need to be uninstalled or can you install over them? I didn't see any uninstall instructions in the readme. Will my savefile work from a previous version?

Thanks for your time. I know these are some general questions that may not belong in this post.

1. If you proceed in the instructed order, it's all good.(first install the BG2Fixpack, and then the BGT etc...)

2. The file(setup-BGTmusic.exe) actually is made during the BGT install, so you should run it as instructed.

3. You can't really do either as your save games will be filled with cheese if you update. Your best option is to actually uninstall the game and remove the game directory and then reinstall it again, if you don't have a backup made ... you might want to read the link in my signature if you want to know more on the backups and larger mod compatibility instructions.

I just came across this thread, so having run through a whole BWS/BWP install, is it possible to add in a couple of these fixes manually at this stage? Interested in a couple such as the war elves and surfacer elves fixes. Can I just use NI to change the necessary files? Will the generalised biffing I have done prevent this? Lastly, can/will the dialog.tlk get messed up and I end up with items with names that are dialogue lines etc?

I just came across this thread, so having run through a whole BWS/BWP install, is it possible to add in a couple of these fixes manually at this stage? Interested in a couple such as the war elves and surfacer elves fixes. Can I just use NI to change the necessary files? Will the generalised biffing I have done prevent this? Lastly, can/will the dialog.tlk get messed up and I end up with items with names that are dialogue lines etc?
Which BWS version do you have ? As in the last one actually uses one of the unofficial Fixpacks ... look up your weidu.logs content and find out this too...
Which BWS version do you have ? As in the last one actually uses one of the unofficial Fixpacks ... look up your weidu.logs content and find out this too...

Going by this (http://dabus.bplaced...bws_archive.php): The latest I think, but could be 20130303 perhaps? I'm not at the PC with the install right now, so I'll check back in a couple weeks when I am. But I installed not too long ago, so probably not older than 20130303.

I'll post here once I know and if I have any queries then. I don't recall the install going for the extra files though. What should I look for in my weidu log? iirc I'm pretty sure it said v9.01, so is there a line after that that clarifies if I have the latest WIP?

Archived