Forum related - permanent RTF toggle in Control Panel

aVENGER_(RR)

It seems that the new forums default to Rich Text Formatting while making new topics/posts. This isn't so good for people who post a lot of code as RTF tends to mess up the

tags by adding/removing spaces and such. At the moment, we can toggle between RTF and bbcode posting styles by using a switch in the upper left corner of the post/reply window. This works, but it gets tedious if you have do it for every one of your posts. 

So I was wondering, would it be possible to unlock the Control Panel option where we can select the default post/reply style? I'm asking because I've seen this setting on several other IPB-based forums but for some reason, it's not available here on G3.

So I was wondering, would it be possible to unlock the Control Panel option where we can select the default post/reply style? I'm asking because I've seen this setting on several other IPB-based forums but for some reason, it's not available here on G3.

Just wanted to reiterate this request.

I'm not sure if the craptastic new version of IPB even supports this, but the default RTF settings really make posting code a lot more difficult.

I'm relatively sure it doesn't support something like that in the User Control Panel, but I do know that on SHS, for me, when I choose one or the other it becomes the default; I never changed a setting, so perhaps try deleting your cache/cookies for G3 and see if that helps?

Archived