i last played BG2 in 2005ish. where do i start now?

forklift

sigh. now there's a new problem.

i got out of candlekeep, picked up jaheira and whats his face at the friendly arm, went to high hedge to pick up kivan, and while walking around, eventually hit this error:

bgerror.jpg

and the game crashes. it happens whether i pick up kivan or not, and it seems to be when i walk into certain areas of the map. i tried looking up this error, but its very technical and i have no idea what's going on. BAMs have something to do with animations or ground icons or something? the WEIDU.log is as above

edit: alright, it looks like it's probably the skeleton sprite that is causing problems. i checked the map on gamebanshee, and every place that has an "M" marked, i can't walk into or it crashes my game. i've fought gnolls, flinds, gibberlings, and wolves, and they don't crash the game. i don't know if SCS or something has improved these skeletons and messed with BAM files...?

the cache, temp, and tempsave folders in "BGII - SoA" are all empty. nothing to clear out. (just to clarify, these folders are the same hierarchy level as all the mod folders, right?)

that page also says to try deleting the area####.BIF file and then replacing it from the CDs. but according to this there are two codes for High Hedge, the original and the BGT code--they both exist in that folder. i can replace the original, but i can't find area7100.bif anywhere in the BGT install zip file. where would i get a "new" area7100.bif?

this may be old news to you, but

http://www.shsforums...leshooting-faq/

To rephrase concisely the help offered for assertation errors here: have you cleaned out the cache and tried again?

Archived