Tiax Won't Join Party?

Karsus3520

Hi all,

Long time player, first time playing through with the NPC Project. I'm going with an evil/neutral playthrough this time around, and was looking to create a party that includes Tiax. I moved him to the Beregost starting location in the hopes of using him to help replace Viconia. However, he won't join the party. He says something along the lines of not having time for my impudent prattle. It's been awhile since I played, so maybe there is a requirement that I'm not meeting for having him join the party, but I'm hoping it's not a result of the new starting location. Is this a bug or am I just being dumb?

Thanks,

K

I have not, this happens the first time I talk to him. He will say Tiax the grand does not have time for your impudent prittle-prattle, and the dialogue will end. Any attempt to talk to him after that just gets the Tiax-has nothing to say to you message at the bottom of the screen.

Tiax will use that sentence if your reaction value is too low. Both reputation and charisma influence it. Either try with a character having the highest charisma in you team or try to improve your reputation.

This behaviour is coming from Baldur's Gate, by the way. It's not altered by BG1 NPC.

(Also note that there's a component of BG2Tweaks that alter the reaction to reputation for evil NPC's - so a lower reputation gives better reaction. This is not present in vanilla.)

I don't have BG2Tweaks, unless that's packaged with EasyTutu? I will create a Chaotic Evil character and test it later today to see if I need low rep. My Charisma is actually 14, since I try to keep it relatively high. If a CE character doesn't work, I'll test it with high rep. Anyways, thanks for confirming it's not a bug. ;)

Archived