Coding help needed to kick out party members

ericp07

My NPC Erysseril won't join a party that includes Invokers, Necromancers, or Wild Mages. EP#Mel.baf is currently set up to check party memebers 2 through 6:

// Invokers
IF
OR(5) Kit(Player2,MAGESCHOOL_INVOKER) Kit(Player3,MAGESCHOOL_INVOKER) Kit(Player4,MAGESCHOOL_INVOKER) Kit(Player5,MAGESCHOOL_INVOKER) Kit(Player6,MAGESCHOOL_INVOKER)
Global("EP#EryInvokHostile","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SG("EP#EryInvokHostile",1)
END

The same structure is in place for the other objectionable (to Erysseril) kits. When an appropriate character is detected, Erysseril voices her objection, and the player can respond by either moving along with the party, or dropping the offending character so Erysseril can join.

So, I need to know how to code a block to kick the offending party member out. the more efficient the code, the better. This is handled in ".baf/.d" fashion, but I'd be overjoyed if I can recode it all using CHAINs, so I'm interested in knowing if and how to rewrite it.

Just have her ask the PC to reshuffle the party, end the dialogue, let the PC reshuffle the party, and then let them initiate dialogue. Much easier way to do it, and generally the accepted way.

Funny, I was originally hoping it would work that way, and maybe players don't want that kind of automation, anyway, so...less work = happy modder ;)

Archived