Npc Mods SOA/TOB

Psionica

I didn't know where in the forums i should ask this so I figured general mod area was appropriate. My question is this....There are alot of Mods out there , a good majority have no TOB content, which i understand, but my question is ....

If there is no TOB content in a said mod , does that mean there is NO Epilouge at the end of TOB? I mean why take a Npc thru the entirety of SOA and them not have a ending , when u complete TOB....example Amber, i romanced her took her into TOB(knowing of no content) and she had no ending at all =/

So im a bit confused as to why make a mod without a ending

Usually people intend to make TOB as well, I think. It's pretty difficult to write an epilogue before finishing up with everything (I've tried and am probably going to have to scratch everything), so you tend to hold off instead. If TOB never happens, however, no epilogue.

If TOB never happens, however, no epilogue.

I understand that, but how many ppl just play SOA (Prob more then i realize). Id think if i knew how to mod that if I only had an Epilouge for the SOA portion displayed at the end of TOB that would be something. I know TOB isnt as big or has as much content as SOA but to make a mod that someone plays all the way thru SOA and then spoil it with No ending at all, makes ppl not want to even play it..........However I did play those mods with just SOA content, mostly ones with a romance to them....and then went thru TOB with them just for fighting and such and at the end no kind of Epilouge for the SoA portion,,,,,is just weird

so you are saying you want a ToB epilog for SoA only npcs? what if the mod author doesn't have ToB (or doesn't like ToB)? You can't expect them to put something in that they can't/won't access.

Why not take it upon yourself to, with the authors' permissions, make such Epilogs for those NPCs who are designed for SoA only but are for whatever reason taken on thru the ToB portion?

so you are saying you want a ToB epilog for SoA only npcs? what if the mod author doesn't have ToB (or doesn't like ToB)? You can't expect them to put something in that they can't/won't access.

Why not take it upon yourself to, with the authors' permissions, make such Epilogs for those NPCs who are designed for SoA only but are for whatever reason taken on thru the ToB portion?

Not saying that, Im saying if its SoA only at least hv and Epilouge (for the SoA part) disply when u beat the game in Tob......otherwise how will one ever see the ending of a SoA only mod? I dont want to uninstall ToB just to see a SoA mods ending...........as for making them i dont know how to mod, but ive played many and if i ever learned to i hv Npc ideas

Is there an Epilog at the end of an SoA only game? I thought that was specific to ToB. ie. developers decided that since it was the end of the game series, "lets do an epilog to let players know what happened to their party members so they can feel like they've had some closure"

There is no epilogue for SoA as far as I know. The story continues in ToB, with a final epilogue at the end.

Many players prefer SoA because it's bigger, less focused on combat than ToB, and thus more room for story. Not saying ToB doesn't have opportunities, it's just shorter, and with so much fighting, it's a bit less diverse.

That's why some modders create the SoA part of their NPC mod first, and release that, and worry about the ToB part later. Which sometimes happens, and sometimes doesn't. I personally don't think a ToB part is mandatory, as I don't particularly enjoy ToB as much. Do you only play ToB for the epilogue? Unless the mod author states there is at least an epilogue for a mod that doesn't have a ToB part yet, you should prolly count on there being no ToB content. So...why did you go all the way through ToB with Amber being silent, and then finding out there is no epilogue? I'm sure Amber's readme or forum/website states somewhere that she has no ToB content yet.

There is no epilogue for SoA as far as I know. The story continues in ToB, with a final epilogue at the end.

Many players prefer SoA because it's bigger, less focused on combat than ToB, and thus more room for story. Not saying ToB doesn't have opportunities, it's just shorter, and with so much fighting, it's a bit less diverse.

That's why some modders create the SoA part of their NPC mod first, and release that, and worry about the ToB part later. Which sometimes happens, and sometimes doesn't. I personally don't think a ToB part is mandatory, as I don't particularly enjoy ToB as much. Do you only play ToB for the epilogue? Unless the mod author states there is at least an epilogue for a mod that doesn't have a ToB part yet, you should prolly count on there being no ToB content. So...why did you go all the way through ToB with Amber being silent, and then finding out there is no epilogue? I'm sure Amber's readme or forum/website states somewhere that she has no ToB content yet.

I play both SoA and ToB, because i want to experience all that can be experienced to the story(s)....Not saying the ToB should be mandatory, but if u play a Mod all the way thru dont u want an ending? Even if its just an Epilouge at the end of ToB. I have played this game since its release more times then I can count, I enjoy it still because of the new things that mods provide to it. Im also very selective of what party I play and what Npcs i take with me....I just didnt understand why someone would not want at "least" an ending to the story of whichever mod u are playing

Archived