Store corruption fix

Ardanis

Here is a fix for corrupted cures in IR v3 (Beta 1.6 & 1.7). Saved games will also be patched.

Unpack it into your game folder, then copy any setup-***.exe file and rename to setup-irv3_sto_fix.exe, and run like any other mod.

EDIT (May 28):

Removed WeiDU executable from the archive.

irv3_sto_fix.rar

Fixed. There was a not covered possibility that starting offsets (for non-existing types of entries) were set to incorrect values.

Could you please also post the fix for the IR 3 beta so we can install the component without the need for this fix on fresh installations?
That's the plan, but with forum's 1000kb attachment limit I can't upload both the hotfix and savegame patch. Hotfix will be updated soon, nevertheless.

Apologies for being unclear. My installation of the store fix was stopped due to error, possibly related to problems with my IR install.

ERROR Installing [Fix Store Corruption in IR v3, Beta 1.7], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [irv3_sto_fix/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "irv3_sto_fix/backup/0/OTHER.0")
[irv3_sto_fix/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall   0 files for [iRV3_STO_FIX/SETUP-IRV3_STO_FIX.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled	  0 files for [iRV3_STO_FIX/SETUP-IRV3_STO_FIX.TP2] component 0.
Unable to Unlink [irv3_sto_fix/backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "irv3_sto_fix/backup/0/READLN.0")
Unable to Unlink [irv3_sto_fix/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "irv3_sto_fix/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "opendir", "")

*sigh* That's a fresh install, yes?

Quick solution - In the tp2 file, right after the first three lines, add the bolded line

BACKUP ~irv3_sto_fix/backup~

AUTHOR ~gibberling3.net~

BEGIN ~Fix Store Corruption in IR v3, Beta 1.7~

MKDIR ~save~

Real solution - I'll update the hotfix tonight, to clear this sad mess.

Archived