Dracandros level bug ?

Hi,

I just met Valeria and her goons in BG2, and I got my rear end handed to me by the mage Dracandros who cast 2 Timestops and summoned 2 Glabrezu (party at around level 12...). Changelog on the affected file (DEMMAG.CRE) :

Mods affecting DEMMAG.CRE:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ 0 2 // RESTORED TWISTED RUNE QUEST: BG2Fixpack adaption
00001: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 5000 // Smarter general AI: v21
00002: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 0 6151 // Smarter Mages -> Mages only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC: v21
00003: ~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 420 // Realistic random treasures -> Both 1 and 2 (no treasures lost): v5
00004: ~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 477 // Change creature gold carried -> Reduce to 90%: v5
00005: ~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ 0 0 // Creature XP Reduction -> Reduce to 75%: v6 BWP Fix
00006: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2
00007: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2

Digging up the relevant CRE files from the backup folders revealed that vanilla Dracandros is level 12 ; for some reason, the Restored Twisted Rune Quest raises his level to 18 and gives him some nifty equipment. Smarter General AI does not touch his level. Then, Smarter Mages changes his level to 26 :mad:

I installed SCSII with Mage_Level_Scale 75, so his final level should have been 13... Did anyone else experience the same glitch ?

Cheers,

Fred

Maybe your Twisted Rune mod gave him a bunch of extra spells as well (more than he should have as a level 18 mage). That has been the most common reason for SCSII to boost levels in the past, unless I am mistaken.

Maybe your Twisted Rune mod gave him a bunch of extra spells as well (more than he should have as a level 18 mage). That has been the most common reason for SCSII to boost levels in the past, unless I am mistaken.

You're right, the .CRE had 6 level 9 spells memorized... I don't even know why Baldurdash touches his stats, since the readme only mentions adding a few missing links/items between the slavers, the guarded compound and the Twisted Rune for added RPG flavor... I'll know better next time !

Cheers,

Fred

Yeah, SCS (unless overridden) estimates the caster level from the memorised spells. (I should add that I don't really support Baldurdash, though I do an install check every now and again to make sure SCS actually installs on a BD install.)

Archived