List of some issues

QPR

Here's some bugs that I found during my run so far. There's also some issues that are not clearly bugs, have a look. The list also makes my quest order clear I think. :)

And here's my weidu.log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v9.01

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v19

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn: v19

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Yoshimo's Original Portrait: v19

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions: v19

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse: v19

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Restore innate infravision to Half-Orc characters: v3.65

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #101 // Prevent skeletal undead from being affected by Illithids' Devour Brain attack: v3.65

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Restore innate disease immunity to Paladins: v3.65

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #125 // Rangers' Animal Empathy improves with experience: v3.65

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Allow Breach to take down Stoneskin effects applied by items: v3.65

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #201 // Instant casting for warrior innates: v3.65

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #203 // Make druidic shapeshifting uninterruptable: v3.65

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #205 // Prevent Project Image and Simulacrum clones from using quickslot items: v3.65

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #210 // Restore the Dispel Magic vulnerability to Nishruu and Hakeashars: v3.65

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #303 // Give Shambling Mounds their proper soundset: v3.65

~WHEELS/SETUP-WHEELS.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Wheels of Prophecy: v2

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #80 // Restore SoA Load Screen Logo (ToB Only): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2330 // Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: v9

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v19

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Revert Greater Restoration back to only affecting one creature: v19

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v19

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Slightly increase the power of Mantle, Improved Mantle, and Absolute Immunity: v19

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Remove the invisibility power of the Staff of the Magi: v19

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Make the healing and resurrection powers of the Rod of Resurrection into separate abilities: v19

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3530 // Faster Bears: v19

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Increase the price asked by Gaylan Baele -> Gaylan wants 40,000 gold pieces: v19

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4020 // Make Watchers' Keep accessible between SoA and ToB (warning: this will make it inaccessible until the end of SoA): v19

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Retrieve Dropped Items from Hell: v19

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4080 // Delay the arrival of the "bonus merchants" in the Adventurers' Mart and the Copper Coronet: v19

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v19

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Improved Spiders: v19

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2600 // Faster Romances: -> Heavy.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #150 // Imprisonment Fix.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Flesh to Stone Fix.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Restored Aerie/Jaheira/Anomen interjection in Underdark: 4

Captain Arat in the palisade in front of the de’Arnise Keep doesn’t recognize Nalia. He talks about her as if she’s not there. Does he just not have any Nalia-is-in-the-party dialogue or is it not firing?

The entrance to the Guarded Compound is not quite where you would expect it based on where the door is drawn. The cursor doesn’t change until you move it a bit north of the drawn entrance.

The Crooked Crane in the City Gate District is not marked on the map.

Dispel Magic doesn’t work on Glaicus. Charm works as it should. Is this intentional? It makes more sense to me to dispel a charm than use charm again yourself.

Two very similar journal entries appear after defeating TorGal. Both even start with the same sentence: “TorGal is dead and any remaining trolls (..)” Both entries disappear after you exit the castle and you talk to Nalia, so they’re only there shortly, before they are replaced.

After speaking to Flydian in the City Gates District I got this Journal entry:

Journal – Quests – Animal Trouble in Trademeet Not Interested

“Flydian in the Copper Coronet was soliciting help for Trademeet (..) I told him I wasn’t interested at this time.”

-> He’s not in the Copper Coronet but in the City Gates District. If you accept, you get a different journal entry in which there’s no mention of the Copper Coronet.

Also, this same journal entry appears whether you say you’re not interested (‘I haven’t the time right now. Excuse me.’) or you tell him you’ll think about it (‘I don’t know. I’ll have to think about it.’) There’s probably only one entry for whether you’ll think about it or decline outright. In that case, there’s nothing to be done about the ‘not interested part’ of the entry I guess.

If you approach Viconia from the south (from the side of Keldorn’s home), she will give her plea for help before the fanatics start their lines. When you approach from the north (which is what usually happens I guess) the fanatics will start the dialogue. The dialogue makes most sense starting with the fanatics’ lines.

The Prison Guard helps you fight the fanatics but after the fight he can end up far away from his position to guard the prison and he will stay at his new location. Even blocking the equipment one of the fanatics drops. Maybe put him back in front of the prison the next time you enter the Government District? That’s still not ideal though.

Reviane from the Jaheira string of quests can show up in the first part of the Circus Tent when it’s time for her first appearance. I guess it’s possible that she enters the Circus Tent after you, but it did feel kind of out of place. It’s okay like this though, what do you think?

Nymph Cloak Description – ‘can not be used by:’ There’s nothing after that.

Ring of Fire Resistance description – ‘Not usable by:’ Nothing after that again. This is actually the case for lots of items.

The Phantom Blade spell description has two separate paragraphs which I think is unusual for a spell description. It also has a tab in front of the second paragraph. May be normal but it looked odd to me. Edit: this is totally normal.

Ring of Wizardry description: I think there’s two of these in the game, the one that you obtain from Galvarey the Harper and the one your students forge if you’re a mage and own the planar sphere. The one I found on Galvarey had the description of the wizard stronghold ring including the “It was originally commissioned by spellcaster <name of PC>, apparently at great monetary and personal cost.”

When Isaea Roenall kidnapped Nalia I didn’t actually see him on screen. The camera focused on a specific spot but Isaea was either offscreen or not there at all. Edit: I can't make this happen again, Isaea may have just been hidden behind a tree or something.

In the Druid Grove, if you approach the Shadow Druids that are fighting the trolls with a stealthed character, the druids say their lines about fighting unnatural creatures but the trolls don’t spawn. The trolls only spawn once a visible character is in their view making the situation a bit weird. Spawning the trolls even when you’re invisible or delaying the Shadow Druid’s dialogue until after a visible character approaches would solve this.

After I agreed to find Ihtafeer, the rakshasa in the Druid Grove, for the Dao Djinnies I went to Ihtafeer’s house in the Druid Grove. I entered and nothing happened (possibly correct). Then I talked to her and she said “You! You have the stench of those filthy djinn about you! (…)” (as it should be, I suppose). The rakshasa’s turned hostile but the combat music didn’t start. And then after the first hit she says “You dare to attack us?! You dare!! You are not even one of the filthy djinn who hunt us!!”

Not sure if this is a bug. In the Druid Grove, the equipment of the fallen Shadow Druids doesn’t disappear after a few days.

First-- this post is in the wrong forum--it should be in General Mod Discussion.

2nd-- reading thru this, it sounds like either you did some uninstalling/re-installing at some point -- and/or you didn't start with a totally clean game environment before installing mods.

No way for us to know for sure, but keep it in mind if you do have to do a re-install.

3rd-- the mod install order is mostly ok, although it could certainly be improved. I'll leave it to others to make suggestions (Jarno? haha)

4th-- if you do do a re-install --and I'm not recommending that, because you're so deep into the game-- be sure to get the most updated versions of the mods.

So, the issues you've reported are definitely not due, exclusively, to BG2 Fixpack. But the only way to investigate them is to ensure a clean install order.

Still, if you get any game-stopper issues, do report them, maybe we can assist.

First-- this post is in the wrong forum--it should be in General Mod Discussion.

Will post there next time.

2nd-- reading thru this, it sounds like either you did some uninstalling/re-installing at some point -- and/or you didn't start with a totally clean game environment before installing mods.

Yep, I uninstalled some components at one point.

So, the issues you've reported are definitely not due, exclusively, to BG2 Fixpack. But the only way to investigate them is to ensure a clean install order.

I'm not saying the bugs I'm reporting are due to the Fixpack. I'm only reporting them to let you know about them, so that you can decide whether they need fixing. In fact, these issues are all so minor that they don't bother me during the game. In other words, I'm not so much looking for help with these issues, but rather bringing them to your attention in case you're interested.

I understand that it's hard to distinguish between bugs caused by a suboptimal installation order/re-installing and bugs that are there even when only the patch and Fixpack are installed. So I made a fresh install and installed the ToB patch and the Fixpack. Except for one issue, I ran into the same stuff.

Here's my new weidu.log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v9.01

And this is the updated list of issues:

Two very similar journal entries appear after defeating TorGal. Both start like this “TorGal is dead and any remaining trolls (..)” Both entries disappear after you exit the castle and you talk to Nalia, so they’re only there for a short time, before they are replaced.

The first one: (Journal – Quests – The de’Arnise Keep has been invaded.) TorGal is dead and any remaining trolls and yuan-ti will soon flee without a leader. It is time to leave and restore things here to normal.

The second one: (Journal – Quests – The de’Arnise Keep has been invaded.) TorGal is dead and any remaining trolls will likely flee without a leader. Hopefully the Yuan-ti go as well. Now all that is left to do is go back to the palisade and tell everyone about the success.

Ring of Wizardry description: I think there’s two of these in the game, the one that you obtain from Galvarey the Harper and the one your students forge if you’re a mage and own the planar sphere. The one I found on Galvarey had the description of the wizard stronghold ring including the “It was originally commissioned by spellcaster <name of PC>, apparently at great monetary and personal cost.”

“Flydian in the Copper Coronet was soliciting help for Trademeet (..) I told him I wasn’t interested at this time.”

-> He’s not in the Copper Coronet but in the City Gates District. If you accept, then you get a different journal entry in which there’s no mention of the Copper Coronet.

Also, this same journal entry appears whether you say you’re not interested (‘I haven’t the time right now. Excuse me.’) or you tell him you’ll think about it (‘I don’t know. I’ll have to think about it.’) There’s probably only one entry for whether you’ll think about it or decline outright. In that case, there’s nothing to be done about the ‘not interested part’ of the entry I guess.

If you approach Viconia from the south (from the side of Keldorn’s home), she will give her plea for help before the fanatics start their lines. When you approach from the north (which is what usually happens I guess) the fanatics will start the dialogue. The dialogue makes most sense starting with the fanatics’ lines.

In the Druid Grove, if you approach the Shadow Druids that are fighting the trolls with a stealthed character, the druids say their lines about fighting unnatural creatures but the trolls don’t spawn. The trolls only spawn once a visible character is in their view making the situation a bit weird. Spawning the trolls even when you’re invisible or delaying the Shadow Druid’s dialogue until after a visible character approaches would solve this.

After I agreed to find Ihtafeer, the rakshasa in the Druid Grove, for the Dao Djinnies I went to Ihtafeer’s house in the Druid Grove. I entered and nothing happened (possibly correct). Then I talked to her and she said “You! You have the stench of those filthy djinn about you! (…)” (as it should be, I suppose). The rakshasa’s turned hostile and attacked, but the combat music didn’t start. And then after the first hit she says “You dare to attack us?! You dare!! You are not even one of the filthy djinn who hunt us!!”

In the Druid Grove, the equipment of the fallen Shadow Druids doesn’t disappear after a few days.

Captain Arat in the palisade in front of the de’Arnise Keep doesn’t recognize Nalia. He talks about her as if she’s not there. Does he just not have any Nalia-is-in-the-party dialogue or is it not firing?

The entrance to the Guarded Compound is not quite where you would expect it based on where the door is drawn. The cursor doesn’t change until you move it a bit north of the drawn entrance.

Dispel Magic doesn’t work on Glaicus. Charm and domination work as they should. Is this intentional? It makes more sense to me to dispel a charm than use charm again yourself.

Reviane from the Jaheira string of quests can show up in the first part of the Circus Tent when it’s time for her appearance. It doesn't make much sense to me, because after you've entered the Circus Tent the pop-up text for the entrance says 'You can no longer see the tent door. You shall have to go forward and look for another exit.'

Nymph Cloak Description – ‘Not usable by:’ There’s nothing after that.

That's it!

Two very similar journal entries appear after defeating TorGal. Both start like this “TorGal is dead and any remaining trolls (..)” Both entries disappear after you exit the castle and you talk to Nalia, so they’re only there for a short time, before they are replaced.

The first one: (Journal – Quests – The de’Arnise Keep has been invaded.) TorGal is dead and any remaining trolls and yuan-ti will soon flee without a leader. It is time to leave and restore things here to normal.

The second one: (Journal – Quests – The de’Arnise Keep has been invaded.) TorGal is dead and any remaining trolls will likely flee without a leader. Hopefully the Yuan-ti go as well. Now all that is left to do is go back to the palisade and tell everyone about the success.

The area script sets one upon the death of TorGal and the second is from Nalia's "Dead! Die you beast!" dialogue. Since the area script will almost always fire first (Nalia's relies on a CombatCounter(0)) Nalia's dialogue simply removes the one from the area script before setting her own.

Ring of Wizardry description: I think there’s two of these in the game, the one that you obtain from Galvarey the Harper and the one your students forge if you’re a mage and own the planar sphere. The one I found on Galvarey had the description of the wizard stronghold ring including the “It was originally commissioned by spellcaster , apparently at great monetary and personal cost.”

Arrrrrrgh. We can make the description generic to cover both, or create a copy with the generic ring, or even make Nadinal's undroppable. The first is the simplest but loses some RP flavor, the second the fix-iest but with the greatest potential to muck up mods, and the third will summon a new wave of torches and pitchforks. I'd feel a more comfortable with some actual discussion on this one, so I'm going to defer this one for now.

-> He’s not in the Copper Coronet but in the City Gates District. If you accept, then you get a different journal entry in which there’s no mention of the Copper Coronet.

Yeah, I couldn't find a deferred journal option. The journal entry now reads "Flydian at the City Gates was soliciting..." for both GTU and GTUL.

Sure, but it makes less sense for Viconia--bound and waiting for the torch--to not call for help as soon as she sees the PC.

Yeah, these should start with the same trigger--I'd say the druid-troll combat should actually start with a range trigger since it's a flavor encounter.

After I agreed to find Ihtafeer, the rakshasa in the Druid Grove, for the Dao Djinnies I went to Ihtafeer’s house in the Druid Grove. I entered and nothing happened (possibly correct). Then I talked to her and she said “You! You have the stench of those filthy djinn about you! (…)” (as it should be, I suppose). The rakshasa’s turned hostile and attacked, but the combat music didn’t start. And then after the first hit she says “You dare to attack us?! You dare!! You are not even one of the filthy djinn who hunt us!!”

Hey, this is a bug from Fixpack! I've added an allegiance check to the block, so that she won't act suprised when you attack her when she's already fighting you. Battle music has been set to the same as the troll mound.

In the Druid Grove, the equipment of the fallen Shadow Druids doesn’t disappear after a few days.

I think the only thing we've changed for the druid grove lately was enabling its night tileset. I wonder if the extended night flag causes other goofiness?

That's just how his dialogue is set up. He only has one Nalia-specific bit, and that's an interjection after he tells you to lower the drawbridge--and even that can be missed, since it depends on the flake IsValidForPartyDialogue() trigger.

Got it.

It should, but I worry this will turn into a map note fest. The fact that every other inn in the city gets a note makes me feel fine with this one.

Dispel Magic doesn’t work on Glaicus. Charm and domination work as they should. Is this intentional? It makes more sense to me to dispel a charm than use charm again yourself.

Oh, Glacias. The potential problem here is that we can detect if he's hit with a dispel, but not necessarily if the dispel works since it's not really a true charm. If we change it to a true charm, then the detection for charm spells becomes wonky. Let me think about this one and see if I can come up with a better system.

Reviane from the Jaheira string of quests can show up in the first part of the Circus Tent when it’s time for her appearance. It doesn't make much sense to me, because after you've entered the Circus Tent the pop-up text for the entrance says 'You can no longer see the tent door. You shall have to go forward and look for another exit.'

Heh, this area is flagged as outdoor. I'll change it to dungeon to match the rest of the tent interior.

Nymph Cloak Description – ‘Not usable by:’ There’s nothing after that.

The old BD GTU gets this, and the GTU Light specifically ignores stuff like this as cruft.

I think the only thing we've changed for the druid grove lately was enabling its night tileset. I wonder if the extended night flag causes other goofiness?

Well, even rolling back Fixpack changes I don't see a difference here. I don't think I know enough about ground pile deterioration to troubleshoot this; I'll see if I can grab another set of eyes.

Oh, Glacias. The potential problem here is that we can detect if he's hit with a dispel, but not necessarily if the dispel works since it's not really a true charm. If we change it to a true charm, then the detection for charm spells becomes wonky. Let me think about this one and see if I can come up with a better system.

I think I've got this one. Glacias will now respond if he gets charmed or if a dispel works--including dispel-on-hit from Carsomyr or the SotM.

The area script sets one upon the death of TorGal and the second is from Nalia's "Dead! Die you beast!" dialogue. Since the area script will almost always fire first (Nalia's relies on a CombatCounter(0)) Nalia's dialogue simply removes the one from the area script before setting her own.

This isn't exactly what happens though. Both entries appear but Nalia's 'Dead! Die you beast!' doesn't remove the first journal entry. Instead, after you exit the keep (into the courtyard for example) Nalia starts her dialogue that ends the quest (and gives you control of the keep if you're a warrior). After that speech, both entries have disappeared and a new entry is in the Quests - Completed section of the journal.

Yeah, these should start with the same trigger--I'd say the druid-troll combat should actually start with a range trigger since it's a flavor encounter.

That would be my preferred option too. It wouldn't make much sense to have your hidden character around that bunch of druids, only to suddenly see some trolls spawn when you arrive with the rest of your party.

That's just how his dialogue is set up. He only has one Nalia-specific bit, and that's an interjection after he tells you to lower the drawbridge--and even that can be missed, since it depends on the flake IsValidForPartyDialogue() trigger.

Sucks that he doesn't have any Nalia-specific stuff. That interactions is very weird with Nalia in the party and captain Arat gossiping about her.

It should, but I worry this will turn into a map note fest. The fact that every other inn in the city gets a note makes me feel fine with this one.

Concerning the map note fest. In all my playthroughs this is the only instance where I thought an additional map note was warranted.

I think I've got this one. Glacias will now respond if he gets charmed or if a dispel works--including dispel-on-hit from Carsomyr or the SotM.

That's very nice. Does the dispel magic spell in general work correctly as well these days?

I would also like to say that I think the fixpack is awesome and I very much appreciate all the work you do! Btw, the Jaheira romance works flawlessly so far.

So… I’ve run into some more issues. This is with the modlist in my original post though. Haven’t checked these yet with the fixpack-only install. If you want me to, let me know.

1. This is just to make sure. There is no Journal entry after Brus comes to tell you the deal has been sweetened. Is that correct?

2. (Journal – Quests – Summoned to the Harper Hold)

The final journal entry of the set that goes under this name appears when you fight Galvarey in the Harper Hold. The entry says ‘I presented myself before the Harpers […] and now Galvarey is dead […]” However, the entry already appears after the initial conversation, while the fight has yet to start. I think it would be better to delay it until the encounter has finished.

3. Lagole Don didn’t turn hostile when he should have. He is the visitor of Delryn, and he is the guy that has Cernd’s baby. He only turned hostile after I hit him. Delryn himself turned hostile straight away.

4. Temple Ruins – The first thing that happens on the map is that you see someone die. This is Lellyn, one of Mazzy’s old companions, and you find his journal on him. However, in the box at the bottom of the screen it says ‘Shadow Thief – Death’. Shouldn’t it say ‘Lellyn – Death’?

5. Temple Ruins again – Current situation: When you approach the entrance to the temple with a hidden character, Anath (the werewolf) starts her dialogue and then dies. But then nothing happens. The shadows just stand around like they did before. I think it would be better if Anath only starts her dialogue when you are visible, but I guess that would mean you could use the mirror before Anath tells you to. So it may be better to have her start her dialogue even if you’re hidden, and then turn the character visible. It makes sense to me, because while you’re hidden you could’ve made silent contact with Anath. She then shouts that it’s a trap, making the shadows aware of your presence.

6. In Chapter 3, when you meet the Guild Contact if you’re working for the Shadow Thieves, your Journal gets updated after the initial conversation. It would make more sense to update after the encounter, I think. Here is the relevant entry:

Journal – Quests - Aran’s tasks to receive the Shadow Thieves’ aid

“The defectors from the Shadow Thieves […]”

7. After you finish the Dao Djinni quest in Trademeet, you are approached by the heads of the two feuding families. If you enter Vyatri’s Inn at this point, you witness a fight between two guards of the families. Right after the fight, a militia wizard enters the inn and says to stop the violence: ‘(sigh) I suppose this had to happen. […]’. However, if you don’t have at least one companion at the entrance of the inn, you won’t see the militia wizard until the next morning or whenever you leave the inn. He speaks as though it is directly after the incident. Maybe the appearance of the militia wizard could be forced?

This isn't exactly what happens though. Both entries appear but Nalia's 'Dead! Die you beast!' doesn't remove the first journal entry. Instead, after you exit the keep (into the courtyard for example) Nalia starts her dialogue that ends the quest (and gives you control of the keep if you're a warrior). After that speech, both entries have disappeared and a new entry is in the Quests - Completed section of the journal.

Sorry, I wasn't communicating very well. The double journal entries do happen; what I meant was that Fixpack will change it so that Nalia will clear the one from the area script when she sets hers.

That's very nice. Does the dispel magic spell in general work correctly as well these days?

Unfortunately it's still a little flaky without TobEx. Since it's in the engine there's not really a lot more Fixpack can do.

I would also like to say that I think the fixpack is awesome and I very much appreciate all the work you do! Btw, the Jaheira romance works flawlessly so far.

Great, you just jinxed it.

I'll try and work through your next post in a few.

1. This is just to make sure. There is no Journal entry after Brus comes to tell you the deal has been sweetened. Is that correct?

Yep.

2. (Journal – Quests – Summoned to the Harper Hold)

The final journal entry of the set that goes under this name appears when you fight Galvarey in the Harper Hold. The entry says ‘I presented myself before the Harpers […] and now Galvarey is dead […]” However, the entry already appears after the initial conversation, while the fight has yet to start. I think it would be better to delay it until the encounter has finished.

6. In Chapter 3, when you meet the Guild Contact if you’re working for the Shadow Thieves, your Journal gets updated after the initial conversation. It would make more sense to update after the encounter, I think. Here is the relevant entry:

Journal – Quests - Aran’s tasks to receive the Shadow Thieves’ aid

“The defectors from the Shadow Thieves […]”

The game cheats like this in a number of places; the developers generally make the assumption that you're not going to be checking journal entries during combat. Trying to track down all of these and moving them out of dialogues is probably a lot more trouble than its worth.

3. Lagole Don didn’t turn hostile when he should have. He is the visitor of Delryn, and he is the guy that has Cernd’s baby. He only turned hostile after I hit him. Delryn himself turned hostile straight away.

This is by design--Deril's being tested by Lagole Gon and the others. Deril says something along the lines of "Come to my side, my comrades; enjoy the spectacle." before summoning Lagole. Once he's down to 50% HP he asks for help and Lagole refuses him. Once Deril is dead you can speak to Lagole and he basically said that Deril was weak, take the baby and get out. Engaging him is entirely optional.

4. Temple Ruins – The first thing that happens on the map is that you see someone die. This is Lellyn, one of Mazzy’s old companions, and you find his journal on him. However, in the box at the bottom of the screen it says ‘Shadow Thief – Death’. Shouldn’t it say ‘Lellyn – Death’?

There's no string for Lellyn's name, so it'd just be a different generic name--making a new one is into the gray area of UB. He does have the shadow thief soundset so I'm comfortable leaving this as is.

5. Temple Ruins again – Current situation: When you approach the entrance to the temple with a hidden character, Anath (the werewolf) starts her dialogue and then dies. But then nothing happens. The shadows just stand around like they did before. I think it would be better if Anath only starts her dialogue when you are visible, but I guess that would mean you could use the mirror before Anath tells you to. So it may be better to have her start her dialogue even if you’re hidden, and then turn the character visible. It makes sense to me, because while you’re hidden you could’ve made silent contact with Anath. She then shouts that it’s a trap, making the shadows aware of your presence.

Anath actually uses Detect() here, so she will only start the dialogue if she hears you--which makes sense as to why the shadows may not necessarily attack.

7. After you finish the Dao Djinni quest in Trademeet, you are approached by the heads of the two feuding families. If you enter Vyatri’s Inn at this point, you witness a fight between two guards of the families. Right after the fight, a militia wizard enters the inn and says to stop the violence: ‘(sigh) I suppose this had to happen. […]’. However, if you don’t have at least one companion at the entrance of the inn, you won’t see the militia wizard until the next morning or whenever you leave the inn. He speaks as though it is directly after the incident. Maybe the appearance of the militia wizard could be forced?

I've modified this slightly--if he doesn't see the party at the door, he moves to the site of the fight and tries again.

Archived