tob crash megamod big world

Sarevok

I've noticed on running Big World Installer quite some mods it errors installing because of some string problem somewhere, also have noted when it try to uninstall some it claims "this mod is too old or too new" for its uninstalling attempt.

I can rerun the thing and list what it says when if that'd help?

baldurs log doesn't say anything, the weidu text isn't much helpful this time so I'm not going to attach it.

As for ToB crash, I think it crash on trying to load-show the openning credit clips (bioware, and such) with just a general "has encounter a problem and needs to close" error message.

The DOS-box for ToBEX does pop up but as far as I can tell nothing being shown in said DOS-Box.

You're fully free to report such things wherever you like, but...

why not in the (technically official english-language) BiG World Project forum?

(german-language forum located elsewhere)

If you do post over there, be sure tag or [TAG] your post bwp or [bWP].

Please tell us you're NOT posting there & here at the same time!

Please tell us you're NOT posting there & here at the same time!
Well, technically he is trying to bring the discussion back here, a big mistake.

As a reply to the question in the other forum, you need to have all the mods extracted to the game folder, inccluding the BiG World Fixpack and the Bg2Fixpack, but do not install them, the BiG World Install.bat will do that for you, among fixing and so forth while installing.

As to what comes to the not actually giving any info the things log and so forth, the installer actually does those intentionally so they can be read by the ones that need them, so even if you can describe them they should be able to, so it's just a failure on your part...

I'll post wherever I'm likely to get a fairly quick reply, which seems to be juggling between here Gibberlings3 and shsforum.

And, I want to play my BG game... with mods.

which mod or whatever was it that asked if wanted to install 8000 x#### worldmap? I'd like to find again...

---

tob just a minute ago:

uhh.jpg

As a reply to the question in the other forum, you need to have all the mods extracted to the game folder, inccluding the BiG World Fixpack and the Bg2Fixpack, but do not install them, the BiG World Install.bat will do that for you, among fixing and so forth while installing.

fyi user here is a she, even if username isn't.

sorry for double-post but....

image.png

okay; though Big World Installer was having some problems with Fixpack(s) itself... might just be worth it to reinstall...

as for not attaching weidu log, I think I accidently overwrote it so having wrong info wouldn't help much either... sorry.

which mod or whatever was it that asked if wanted to install 8000 x#### worldmap? I'd like to find again...
That's most likelly the the Worldmap mod (it also ha optional language addons)... also the TDD mod requires the Worldmap mods files to be present in the install directory when it's installed, not yet installed though as the worldmap mod is supposed to be installed after the TDD and other ancient mods.

The chitin problem you have there seems to come from a horribly off going install, you you probably need to reinstall.

I shall reinstall, but not before I have backed up mods just incase.

I probably have some other older mods lying around on my external harddrive somewhere...

which mods around are specifically for Icewind Dale games? its possible something got confused during installers install.. my computer likes doing that at times...

some uh places I've gotten mods don't always make it seem obvious.

Well, I've Icewind Dale games now so maybe 'puter will be less confused...

Edit - add: along with some Neverwinter Nights games; yeah even if directories have differences sometimes computer and certain games get confused for whatever reason.

Actually; I have noticed some of the files come with BG mods try/want to open game Mass Effect 2 for some reason. Perhaps that game is part of the problem?

Does big world or some other mods add to worldmap in ToB/SoA game the cities/locations Icewind Dale & Neverwinter? Because my worldmap screenshots have them...

Does big world or some other mods add to worldmap in ToB/SoA game the cities/locations Icewind Dale & Neverwinter? Because my worldmap screenshots have them...
Well, in a way yes.

Well, the Worldmap mod is adds in just the map, map of a portion of Abeir-Toril, the world that all the Forgotten Realms stuff happens, well mostly the Faerun's region(Icewind Dale, Waterdeep, High Moor & Sword Coast + and a lot of other places).

Now, when you install a mod, it can add a new area, and some of the older mods added a whole punch of them, and soon there was a need of a common template to piece the whole thing together to megamod it all in one giant game, the Worldmap mod is the result of it. Today you first need- if you want to -to install the CtB, SoS, TDD, BGT and NeJ mods in a specific order and then you can install the Worldmap mod on top of those to make it all possible to combine those mods into a one map. None of the mods add in areas near the Neverwinter, but it's in the map cause it's part of the world, as are a lot of other places. The Icewind Dales area is actually used in Never Ending Journey mod. The Baldur's Gate Trilogy uses the old BG1 areas that are to the North from the Cloudpeak mountains along the sword coast, while the Bg2's areas are on the South of them, there are other BGT sub mods that add areas to the west of those. The Darkest Days mod should add areas around the Camishan/Calimport area, while the Shadow Over Soubar mod adds areas to where ever that place is. Yes, the map has a lot of empty yet to fill in areas, but it's there so we won't ever run out of places to put things in it.

Just wanted to be sure:

maplol.png

I know map is a bit off, I'll fix it later but its map I piecing together from my own screenshots. still work in progress.

and yea, I'd like to play with CtB, NeJ, SoS, and such... I can do without AI scripts (they've been causing more problems than anything; mod attition or modless), but would probably like all the Kit options/availabilities...

according to my map screenshots Soubar is here:

BGMain_2013_04_15_18_43_23_23.png

Yes, the map has a lot of empty yet to fill in areas, but it's there so we won't ever run out of places to put things in it.

which I like, besides have some ideas of my own for mods or whatever...

Reinstalled games; BG series, patched, now lets see if it works...

not got all the mods I'd like but should be fine/good enough, running Big World Install shortly...

Edit: er lemme test something; mighta found (part of) it...

update on the reinstall, something's not right?

uhps.png

not sure whats up, the weidu log has nothing. I suppose I can attach in a moment the installpack debug text log...

< things wrong in the picture >
Erhm, there's problems with transparency, nothing more, you just have to reconfigurate the game and check what settings you need to put in. First things first, Run the BGConfig.exe: Hardware -> Enable 3D Acceleration. Display -> 32 bit. 2d & 3d options: enable 3D Animations, 3D Acceleration and 32 bit textures, disable the Disable Vertex Padding option. I say these cause they usually give the best results to a computer made in this century. :D

And then work your way out of the settings from there if there's still problems.

PS, you need to do this after the reinstall of the original game and start it, start a nerw game to check it etc, not after you have modified the game, as then the problems just add up and you'll never be able to make a clean install(I suggest that you put one into a .rar archive).

It was some mod leftovers from a previous that caused it; partial/total conversion mods

anyways, that's settled SoA runs normally now. (had do some reinstallings, for whatever reason it apparently threw some of its files to C:\Program Files even though I told it a different directory with G:\

But now Install Pack don't seem to be picking up BGT mod; it used to... might have to manual install some mods if theres still problems.

will check asap.

As for mods I have, if weidu text not much helpful I suppose I could list all the <foldername>, .tp2, & setup-modname files/folders... then go from there for an install order if manual installing is needed...

--

Erhm, there's problems with transparency, nothing more, you just have to reconfigurate the game and check what settings you need to put in. First things first, Run the BGConfig.exe: Hardware -> Enable 3D Acceleration. Display -> 32 bit. 2d & 3d options: enable 3D Animations, 3D Acceleration and 32 bit textures, disable the Disable Vertex Padding option. I say these cause they usually give the best results to a computer made in this century. :D

And then work your way out of the settings from there if there's still problems.

PS, you need to do this after the reinstall of the original game and start it, start a nerw game to check it etc, not after you have modified the game, as then the problems just add up and you'll never be able to make a clean install(I suggest that you put one into a .rar archive).

thanks anyways, sometimes my computers goof putting files <here> when they should've gone <there>... aie...

======

cando.png

I do like NPC portraits, but can play without for now...

so far so good. need sleep. Read stuff on making new areas for BG2 modding etc...

eq2_Anchev.png

^^sure, pic is from Everquest 2 it let me name the character "Anchev"

looks like a bit of a mix between Sarevok & Valdis from Dungeon Siege 2

Archived