Floating ioun stones and flaming swords

mikel123

One of my favorite aspects of the Item Revisions mod (or was it Item Randomizer? I'm not actually sure) was the way it changed the playscreen animation of ioun stones to circle above the character's head, and how it made the flaming swords actually look like they were on fire.

Is there any way to install just these two aspects of the IR mod? For example, are there certain files in the mod that I can just copy into my Override folder, and not actually install it at all?

Thanks a lot for any advice you might have on this.

You can install flaming swords from 1pp, if I'm not mistaken - Xan BG2 NPC certainly uses a working 1pp version.

EDIT: You can't just copy the files, I believe(from the 1pp version, at least) - there's certain code and patching, too.

Is there any way to install just these two aspects of the IR mod? For example, are there certain files in the mod that I can just copy into my Override folder, and not actually install it at all?
Copying the relative files in the override folder isn't enough because you also have to edit the respective items to use such animations. For the flaming swords it's very easy (via NI set the item's animation to 'FS'), for the ioun stones it's a little bit more complicate (you have to manually add the animations via new headers because those items weren't supposed to have animations).

Alternatively, you could edit IR's Main Component to just install the ioun stones and skip the rest of the mod. The readme has detailed information on how to achieve that.

Please check this - it's an old mod with ioun stone animations. And flaming swords initially came from 1PP.
Afaik simply copying those files in the override has a high chance of messing up string references and causing a mess. Am I wrong?

Regarding flaming swords, if you're not interested in IR's changes to the items, you can just install the relevant component in 1PP (and all the other cool stuff you're missing).

Please check this - it's an old mod with ioun stone animations. And flaming swords initially came from 1PP.
Afaik simply copying those files in the override has a high chance of messing up string references and causing a mess. Am I wrong?

I don't think the items in that archive use modded names or descriptions, so the strings they reference should be valid across all ToB installations. It should be safe to stick those files in the override.

Ioun Stone Animations are one of the cool features of Item Revisions' main component that we should make available as a standalone tweak.

Cool, thanks guys.

I did end up installing the flaming swords and ioun stones from 1pp. The flaming swords look great; I am not a fan of how they did their ioun stones. Theirs look more like eggs and they zoom around on one's head in a tight, fast circle.

The stones in item revisions look more circular, have a better looking orbit (IMO), are not as distracting, and have a nice little trail behind them.

I would +1 the suggestion to include it as a custom option, as I think the way it's implemented in this mod is probably the best out there.

Archived