New Description for a New Item

Callirgos

Thanks to everyone who helped me get off the ground with WeiDU. I can alter items and update thier descriptions now :)

How do I make a NEW description for a NEW item. Currently, if I use SAY DESC it will update my TLK file and overwrite something.

I actually want to make a new entry for a new item.

Thanks to everyone who helped me get off the ground with WeiDU. I can alter items and update thier descriptions now :)

How do I make a NEW description for a NEW item. Currently, if I use SAY DESC it will update my TLK file and overwrite something.

I actually want to make a new entry for a new item.

Erhm the SAY DESC command actually adds a new string to the dialog.tlk file, and the old one is there too, so if you make a mod added item a lot similar to the one already existing but change say a letter or two, there's two almost identical item decriptions in the dialog.tlk file... this is totally unlike DLTCEP where you overwrite the existing item decription in the file.

So you are overthinking this.

PS: Yeah, this is why I gave you the SAY DESC code ...

WeiDU Readme, TP2 Section

The way it's laid out, you can easily find information on how a specific command works, but it's a little hard to determine what commands would work best for a task without reading all of them.

Your best bet is to look over tutorials and the code that other mods use to get an idea how things are done, then consult the WeiDU Readme and the IESDP for additional information.

Archived