[Pre-RC_Luridel] Luridel's Playthrough

Luridel

Downloaded from github today (5/28/13), so that's the version I'm working with.

From a PID talk-

[Charname] What can you tell me about this Promenade, here?
[Aran] This place, I know. There be a circus to visit, an' until some idiot blew a great hole in th' shops over there, you could pick up good work as scribe or mercenary guard at daily, tenday, or monthly contracts. An up over there, th' Inn o' the Seven Veils has some right fine entertainment if you can afford it. Hells, I hope Sheri is playin' again tonight. Got my eye on her. I'd have more, but she might object.

- An' for consistency?
- The inn's actual name is the "Den of the Seven Vales," which I imagine that Aran might actually know.

This talk over here repeats itself with this option like so:

ypITanM.jpg

I noticed duplicate spawns of several of the NPCs in the area where you recruit Aran, at night. Also, this is kind of just a nitpicky game immersion thing, but none of those NPCs will play any sounds when you right-click on them, the way typical commoners, merchants, everybody-else-in-the-game, etcera do. Even giving them generic sounds from other generic NPCs in the game might make this a bit less jarring. It's not all that important really, but it's something the default Bioware NPCs have got.

More comments to come as I make progress! I'm trying to actually play through and not let myself read everything and spoil myself, so we'll see how it goes.

Aran's lovetalk that ends up with "Well, two spoons in a drawer" doesn't have a response for the shy/hesitant/look-away-and-blush PC - you can either lean into him, or basically tell him 'not on the job (or ever)' or 'not on the job (but later)'.

From the PID talk beginning "Before we go any further, Aran... what do you think our "relationship" is?

[Aran] You haven't told me to not try a bit o' sparkin' from time to time. Then again, You done got a huge amount to think about lately. I think we be friends, more's th' pity. Why do you be askin'?

- Then again, you done got

From the Aran-gives-the-PC-a-dagger dialogue (was that a flirt? not sure)

[Charname] Why... thank you, I think... a dagger. Just what I always wanted. A curious choice. Why a knife? Doesn't that imply soem sort of conflict?

- some

From the (friendship?) talk that begins with "Tempus' Toasty Toes, that tears it"/Aran complaining about his bootlace breaking - I get that the point of the lovetalk is to discuss his language, but I would have very much liked an option for the PC to actually help him out and lend him a spare bootlace like he asks.

From one of the lovetalks (Aran asks PC if she's ever wanted a partner):

[Charname] Look, Aran. You are useful to have around, but forget the long term ideas. Life is too short for contracts

- contracts.

(The line beginning "I wish this were a bard's story" has been one of my absolute favorites so far.)

Aaaand... this made me laugh.

oF1CUoN.jpg

("Sure, Aran, we're halfway through freeing these slaves but this gladiator's pit WOULD be an awfully convenient place for us to spar. Look, we'll even have an audience!")

[Charname] I am not sure this is the time or place, Aran. Perhaps we should and find somewhere more protected.

- Perhaps we should find somewhere more protected.

Did my best to break the sparring talk and couldn't! My fighter -> thief dual wasn't about to stop fighting until she won, so I dragged the actual sparring portion on as long as I could before Aran finally gave up. It seemed like a suitable amount of time. ("In fact, you could cut to the chase and just say you are running with scissors" was also hilarious.)

Did the embarrassed-run-away at the end and got an Aran by the river outdoors talk in the morning, which actually fit in with the context (had been sparring, could probably use a bath) but I'm not sure if they were actually connected.

New favorite line: "I had a brother, once. I had to kill him." 'Insecure' PC gets some great lines.

There were two instances where I saw the same PC response appear twice in the list of dialogue options:

In response to Aran's "I were right happy, in case you had naught in th'way o' evidence. An' you seemed right happy, too." in the sparring not-all-the-way morning after,

"If I remember correctly, we did a lot more than kiss. I mean, we didn't... we stopped short of..." comes up twice.

And when you ask Aran what he wants (I'm not sure if this occurs in more locations than just the river talk), "I think I would like to fulfill that fantasy." also came up twice in response.

Thank you!! I'm stuck with real Life for this week, but by next Wednesday I am on half days (the joys of teaching) and will be back in Modding/Betatesting action, working through this. I am beginning to rethink the random responses, as they seem to come up too many times in some playthroughs - simple enough to make them part of a variable sequence, at least in some places.

The "twie in response" stuff I need to find and fix. It is likely I have not gotten the sreening variables as solid as they need to be!

I think I need to add some "timered talks won't play in certain areas". Almost no other i.e. NPC does that, but we can, so why not :) ?

Almost done on this list - it looks like the duplicate lines in responses are because i got too fancy with conditions. Then stripped them ot. I thought it was a looping thing, but it turns out not - which is a very, very good thing.

OK, repairs and additions from this thread up at

https://github.com/cmorganbg/Aran-Whitehand/commit/fc5cfbf2098fe0411224ec1cede4eda3f8683c86

The only thing not addressed is the firting of talks like the Gladiators Pit - definitely funny and I even like it in this context, but I think some more area checks for FTs might actually be in order. I understand why DA:O did "banter zones" - I don't want to really do that, but if I get a chance it might be a good thing to glance at for longer than two seconds. Gotta figure out more closely when a talk might *not* want to be fired, rather than relying on the randomness of the usual NPC deal.

Closed to focus on newest Beta.

This thread covered the following prior pre-releases:

2011 - 2013 A whole bunch of unnamed un-pre-released private betas in progress

Nov 9, 2011 beta_ravenblack

Archived