Install Order

DarkWon

Hi! Its been a while since I played BG2 but I seem to recall the main component of IR needs to be installed before most other mods, and the optional extras go after other mods.

As I don't want to get half way through a game before realising things are messed up thought I'd ask here first! Does this look about right?

INSTALL ORDER

TOB Patch

BG2 Fixpack

Item Revisions (Main)

Solafein

Duelist class (Sword&Fist)

PnP Celestials

Sword coast Stratagems II

Rogue Rebalance

aTweaks (PnP fiends, Elementals and Fey only)

Spell Revisions

Item Revisions (Extras)

BG2 Tweaks (Weapon group proficiencies...will it conflict with IR?)

iiSpellRefresh (Spells refresh after 3-31 mins...will it conflict with SR?)

Install order is fine. :)

BG2 Tweaks per se is compatible with IR yes, but I'm not sure about that particular tweak, mostly because IR re-arranges a couple of weapon proficiencies itself if you have "weapon changes" component installed. I'm positive no game-breaking issue should arise though.

I'm not too much familiar with iiSpellRefresh, but it should be perfectly compatible because I guess it doesn't directly affect spells, but rather add a script (or an effect) to refresh spell slots every x time. I think Jarno knows this mod well and could give a more competent reply, but I'm almost sure you can install it safely.

Excellent! I shall try without installing these "weapon changes" and see how it goes. The Weapon Groups really go well with Item Revisions, as it means your characters can use a MUCH broader range of the new cool weapons! For example my main character has 5 ranks in "Large Sword" so he can use Katanas, Longswords, Bastard swords, Scimitars etc.

When you find an awesome item but can't use it thats just no fun...

BG2 Tweaks (Weapon group proficiencies...will it conflict with IR?)

The Alter Weapon Proficiency System has a couple subcomponents. The Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies one that moves a couple weapon types to different proficiencies is pretty much wholly included in IR's weapon changes component. I thought there used to be a difference in which items moved, but it doesn't seem to be the case now. I'd skip it if you're installing the weapon changes, just in case they don't properly account for each other.

If you're instead thinking of installing the BG-style Weapon Proficiencies subcomponent, it should work and would need to go after IR's stuff.

If you're instead thinking of installing the BG-style Weapon Proficiencies subcomponent, it should work and would need to go after IR's stuff.

Yep, thats the one I am planning on installing. Good to know!

It seems that one of my mods (probably Spell Revisions?) overwrites the "Improved Bhaalpowers" from aTweaks though, as they aren't showing up :/

It seems that one of my mods (probably Spell Revisions?) overwrites the "Improved Bhaalpowers" from aTweaks though, as they aren't showing up :/
Yes, I forgot atweaks had that component. SR alters those powers to match the improved spells whereas aTweaks does a more cool job completely revising them. You can safely install that component of aTweaks after SR.

I would definitely move SR before SCS2 in that install order. SR's main component nukes anything that touches the same files, the same as IR's main component, so SR will take precedence over anything installed before it. The main component was designed to be installed before other mods that change spells.

If you want P&P Celestials instead of SR's celestials, you'll need to move SR before that mod.

iiSpellRefresh (Spells refresh after 3-31 mins...will it conflict with SR?)
Well, no. As long as it's installed after all the mods that alter or add spells, just so the mods effect is made to every spell in the game.

I am actually about to release a new version of the mod which combines the functions to a single one, so they are all taken into account.

I would definitely move SR before SCS2 in that install order. SR's main component nukes anything that touches the same files, the same as IR's main component, so SR will take precedence over anything installed before it. The main component was designed to be installed before other mods that change spells.

Hmm, ok...looks like I need to uninstall and start from scratch then. I wish there was an "uninstall all mods" command :/

Also, I've found that the +3 weapons created by Enchanted Weapon in Spell Revisions don't agree with the "BG1-Style Proficiencies" from BGTweaks. You don't get extra attacks, and your Thac0 is calculated wrongly. Sometimes too low, sometimes too high.

e.g. Imoen has Thac0 14 with a normal crossbow or 10 with the +3 SR one :S,

Minsc has Thac0 12 with a normal longbow or 10 with the +3 SR one (and -1/2 an attack)

Hmm, ok...looks like I need to uninstall and start from scratch then. I wish there was an "uninstall all mods" command :/
There is, it's called making a clean install ... as in either if you have a clean back up, you just remove the game folder and unpack the backup to the same directory oorr you uninstall the game using the Control Panel, then remove the game folder and reinstall and patch it and make the backup to a .rar archive. :p

Ouh and if you wish to use the beta ... just ask and I'll upload it.

Ouh and if you wish to use the beta ... just ask and I'll upload it.

Heh, is that the Beta with the ability to set the timer to X+Y*spell level^Z? It was me who requested that ><

But, I played through all of BG1 with the timers set as suggested in the readme, (3.5 mins per spell level) and found it is actually perfect. I increased the Divine spells to 4.5 mins per level so that 7th level Divine spells take the same time as 9th level Arcane to refresh, and also so that healing potions retain some use.

Its one of my essential mods!

Ops...sorry this morning I was in hurry and I haven't noticed it. Yes, SCS definetly goes after SR, especially considering that SCS actually checks if SR is installed and uses a wider array of spells if it is. :)

If you want P&P Celestials instead of SR's celestials, you'll need to move SR before that mod.
May I ask why you would install PnP Celestials in the first place when SR already handle them in an almost identical way? :)

Also, I've found that the +3 weapons created by Enchanted Weapon in Spell Revisions don't agree with the "BG1-Style Proficiencies" from BGTweaks. You don't get extra attacks, and your Thac0 is calculated wrongly. Sometimes too low, sometimes too high.
That's because BGTweaks probably ignores that those new items exist and doesn't patch them. :(
Heh, is that the Beta with the ability to set the timer to X+Y*spell level^Z? It was me who requested that ><
Well, it would be the one with a+b*spell level + c*spell level^(d/e) ... essentially so that you would get both(all previous and even the requested multiplier ) of the functions in the same timer, and you can void them by using a zero as the multiplier or the constant.

I am glad that you find the mod so essential, I did too when I started with the iGi's version of the mod, which I later improved a bit, and got lots of help too.

May I ask why you would install PnP Celestials in the first place when SR already handle them in an almost identical way? :)

Well, according to the readme of both mods, the changes in PnP Celestials are far more extensive than SR?? SR only states that it mods their weapons and appearance, whereas PnP Celestials adds innate abilities, scripts, increases HP, gives Planetars tons of immunities, regen 6/round, can only be hit by +4 weapons etc

Am I missing something from SR? :S

EDIT: Ahhh, found the details about SR summons in the forums, sorry! Still think PnP celestials are way more scary though. Triple the regen, high immunities and can cast Heal once/round!! They may be a bit unbalanced but meh, as long as its my enemies summoning it not me thats fine :D

Well, according to the readme of both mods, the changes in PnP Celestials are far more extensive than SR?? SR only states that it mods their weapons and appearance, whereas PnP Celestials adds innate abilities, scripts, increases HP, gives Planetars tons of immunities, regen 6/round, can only be hit by +4 weapons etc

Am I missing something from SR? :S

Yes. SR's optional component changes their appearence, but the main component completely revise them as described here. :)

Archived