What can I expect from this mod? (balance question)

Galsic

Here, look for yourself. The "near death" guy should have been dead after my first Lightning Bolt. And Korgan should kill him even before. Yet, he survives not 1, but 2 bolts. Or 3? Originally, he had 90 HP. "Near death" means approx 30 left at start of video.

Not the same creature (the one you're talking about spawns neutral, yet has appropriate abilities for his level and is kitted as Berserker, at least had them after Ctrl+Q). He's also vulnerable to Maze, which is the feature of new Rage, not vanilla.

My protagonist also has to save vs.spell every round against the feature they get at 5th level, Intimidating Rage.

I can't tell if they have the ability to Frenzy if not Enraged, but if they are, they're getting all benefits from it.

I am quite sure that enemy Berserker gains Deathless Frenzy.
This is quite expected if happens during the rage - which enemies are scripted to use and which was changed by KR. But otherwise it is technically impossible for an enemy to acquire other effects without either undergoing JoinParty() action or being patched manually.
I am quite sure that enemy Berserker gains Deathless Frenzy.
This is quite expected if happens during the rage - which enemies are scripted to use and which was changed by KR. But otherwise it is technically impossible for an enemy to acquire other effects without either undergoing JoinParty() action or being patched manually.

So, basically, if they're scripted to use a spell (vanilla Rage, in this instance) and you change that spell into something else, when they cast it it will have new effects aasigned to that spell? Ok.

But, they have to use that spell - so it's impossible for that very same enemy, coded as Berserker, to go into Frenzy if he's not under the effects of Rage?

In my understandings and tests, enemies gain almost no benefit from kits.

Try to put Kensei to a level 30 fighter and give him a simple sword. Then look his damage, pretty sure it will be classic 1-6 !

Kits abilities described in 2da are applied to players when leveling. Kit itself is just an indicator for several things like 2da to look for, visual information on screen...

One exception is mage kits, they do gain 1 spell / level but I guess it is hardcoded this way.

This is why I wrote a script to apply kits abilities to enemies. Still, active abilities must be triggered by script :)

In my understandings and tests, enemies gain almost no benefit from kits.

Try to put Kensei to a level 30 fighter and give him a simple sword. Then look his damage, pretty sure it will be classic 1-6 !

Kits abilities described in 2da are applied to players when leveling. Kit itself is just an indicator for several things like 2da to look for, visual information on screen...

One exception is mage kits, they do gain 1 spell / level but I guess it is hardcoded this way.

This is why I wrote a script to apply kits abilities to enemies. Still, active abilities must be triggered by script :)

Vanilla creatures almost never use kits in the first place, and yes you need to patch their cre files to give them kits and relative features.

The cool thing is that SCS now assigns kits to many creatures and patches them according to clab files thus taking into account KR's changes too. It even patches creatures saving throws, which is a tremendous plus for both SR and KR.

Active feats need to be triggered by scripts indeed, but SCS already handle some of them (e.g. Rage) and hopefully DavidW will consider KR's new ones (such as WS's Disruptive/Breaching Strike and Inner Focus) for future releases as he kindly did with SR's spells. That being said, KR is still a beta, thus all of this will require some time because it makes no sense to write scripts until the classes reach their final build.

Archived