Trouble installing BG1 + TotSC

Spider

Would you please be so kind as to...
Nope, :Dbut can I be that evil ? Yes. Now just so you know, I haven't used any of the latest the Widescreen mods for the BG1 in a while, yep the above picture is a google fished one, not my own making... , but I suspect there's an error in your writing, the first one of the resolution requests was at least earlier, a question of what to set the current resolution, while the later was earlier , a question on what to save as the "permanent resolution" above which you can't reset the current resolution without loosing savegame consistency(as the game crashes when it tries to load smaller areas than the game has, as the widescreen mod actually makes all the small maps larger by adding tiles to the corner, in BG2, everything is actually centered too).

So if you put 1440 x 900 or something close to that, bad math day today, and set the later to say 1920 x 1200, you'll actually play the game at the 1440 x 900 resolution ... but you can reinstall the game and switch to the max or make it go back to 640 x 482(which should be the smallest set of resolutions the mod can handle without the GemRB) without loosing your savegames nor needing to uninstall the mod(which will definitely destroy your savegames integrity even if the game still has them). And yes, it's definitely worth saying that the player should look at the resolutions his hardware can handle, and this is done via the windows Control Panel -> -> -> -> -> Screen Resolution settings.

Ouh, and saying this:"Alert: Do not install the BGI and the TotSC patches.", I would underline the fact that it's the BGI without the TotSC add-on and then the TotSC patch... and the fact that you meant the 5CD(+1 TotSC) version as there's also the 3 CD version that comes with the integrated TotSC in it and the TotSC patch...

BG1:EE engine. Heck they used all the hard work of folks in the community. Now how about reciprocating, seeing as they didn't pay for the mods or the source code. I had hoped when EE came out that it would have included a good-sized portion of the adventuring modifications.
Well, they did hire a few of the higher up in the moding food chain guys to work on the BGII:EE ... we just have to hope the legal hassle going goes well.

Speaking of which, I sent a PM to one of the listed three head honchos requesting my screen name being changed to Boradordin with no reply. Can you kindly pass along something to that effect for me please?
Hmm, I was thinking, it might be that the Admin in question is not here just no... so you might wish to not post the same PM to the others, but what you should do is to add them to the same conversation, you do this in the Personal Messager -> the message in question -> And when that opens, there's a spot in the left parcel/column that allows you do this via the "add" button:

n4fr.png

It opens up a selection etc. you should soon figure it out easily.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I've been playing, and sleeping, and since the forum fails on all accounts to send me an e-mail I have to do the "content I follow" routine. And yes, I've got them (e-mails) clicked in my preferences. As you may have noted above, I quoted only a selection of your responses.

In regard to the BG:EE, it's let me down. The money is not the issue as I've spent more money on console games only to throw them into the never again bin. 'Tis the content that came with BG:EE. Yes, it as assumed that it includes gaming corrections though I was never able to see which ones they repaired. It was the non-inclusion of additional gaming adventures. And I'm not talking about the character specific add-ons. I'm instead referring to additional areas and quests. I wanted more drugs to satisfy the itch, not more paraphernalia to show what drugs could possibly be found.

As for the legal hassles, and this my opinion only, I can't figure out what the heck. I've been playing Avalon Hill games since I was a wee lad. It cost me a fortune to recapture my youth when I decided to play Squad Leader. Even though my daughter was not interested, she being more into fantasy, she does remember when she was for or five me spreading out the old paper A Bridge Too Far game by SPI(?) over the spare bed. I had that one and eventually wore it out. I bought a replacement years later. And I believe I go the name wrong at that. An Internet search fried my brain.

Getting back on target, Avalon shot themselves in the foot just like WoTC is doing. Ever wonder why DragonAge and Skyrim and all those have become so widely popular. 'Cuz those who hold the copyrights for the old favorites are wanting exorbitant fees to use the license. 'Tis better to get something than nothing at all has always been my motto. So the game designers went and designed their own set of rules and have made millions because of it Heck, here I am playing a game long out of date and still looking for more. If I see my daughter and her boyfriend with another deck of WoTC's Magic game, I'll shoot 'em both.

As for G3 and all the others I had always wished that the biggy's could have gotten together and designed a whole new game using the IE engine. If I had the money I'd buy the engine and put it in the public domain for that reason alone. IF the modders, the good ones that is, would put together a new game using the IE, I'd buy it.

I'll try again on contacting Gods 'O the Boards. And, 'nuff rambling on my part. Thankd for the chat.

Archived