Coloring a Creature

Callirgos

Hi.

At first glance it looks like coloring a creature is simple. However, I've found I can't actually do this. There must be some hidden setting, flag, or some such shinannagins... Besides the 6 color entries, what else needs to be changed to change the coloring of a creature?

At first glance it looks like coloring a creature is simple. However, I've found I can't actually do this. There must be some hidden setting, flag, or some such shinannagins... Besides the 6 color entries, what else needs to be changed to change the coloring of a creature?
Erhm, well some of the creatures are a little different from paleted humanoid creatures(hobgoblins, player races etc)... but it can be done, at least in BG2's aTweaks mod, a screen shot:rrtroll.jpg

It seems IWDII monsters can't have thier color changed. But I look at the Hell Hound and it's clearly a Worg Model with a red texture. The settings in the .CRE are as I suspected, but I can't make a green worg or a blue worg, or change it in anyway. Infact, if I use the Red Worg as a base it is ALWAYS Red and when I use the Gray worg as a base it is ALWAYS gray. There must be some flag or setting somewhere...

How do I make a blank .CRE and start from absolute scratch? I haven't tried that yet. Is that the only way to set a new color?

Archived