Compatibility withh 1PP IWD High Quality Music

So I recently successfully installed IWD in BG2 and before begining to play I'm installating some mods and seeing if they work.

I couldn't get the IWD high quality music one to work, has anyone tryed? It dosent seen to find music.2da, which it must patch to correct tracks play speed in game. I did a quick search on the IWD in BG2 directory and couldnt find it else I would try to fix the installation script myself.

So I recently successfully installed IWD in BG2 and before begining to play I'm installating some mods and seeing if they work.

I couldn't get the IWD high quality music one to work, has anyone tryed? It dosent seen to find music.2da, which it must patch to correct tracks play speed in game. I did a quick search on the IWD in BG2 directory and couldnt find it else I would try to fix the installation script myself.

Don't ypu think the question would be better to ask in the 1pp forums ? As the compatibility problem lies in the installation process.

Erhm you need moding tools to see what's where in the Infinity Engine games. The IwDinBG2 probably biffs the override folder during the install process so everything in the game is actually in the data folder's files packed neatly for the engine.

I figured it would be better to ask here since it might have something particular to IWD in BG2. No harm posting on the 1PP forum also, thanks for the advice.

I can live without the high quality music, but since I'm playing BG2 with it, the difference becomes very noticeable.

I might have a look at modding tools then, maybe I can fix it myself.

To make 1PP music for BG1 work with BGT, you copy over the high quality music to BG1 installation before running BGT, so that I did to IWD before running IWD in BG2. But the patching part failed with this message of missing music.2da, which must be patched cause the bitrate of the high quality music files is double the original game's, which makes then play at half speed unless patched to play at double speed. It should not be much to do, that's why I took a look to try to figure it by myself before asking.

I might have a look at modding tools then, maybe I can fix it myself.
The tools you need is either DLTCEP or NearInfinity, and you might need to decigpher the .tp2 code with the Weidu readme... I don't have the game installed so I can't help without direct questions, but I am quite sure I or someone else can help if you need advice... so just ask.

Well, still no luck making it work. As I'm not familiar with modding infinity engine, I tried the obvious route: find where the music tracks are in teh IWD in BG2, which is the file SONGLIST.2da. They are not the same order as MUSIC.2da found in the 1PP mod.

I figured if I changed that file in the mod folder and also on the code where it checks for Music.2da to songlist.2da it might work. So did thah and installing the mod patched the files apparently, but in game the music plays slow still. Maybe it's some difference in the structure of where is the playback speed defined. Will try comparing the 1PP mod for bg2 see if I figure that out.

Archived