GEMRB 0.8.0 BG2 problems

coobekh

Hello

I was running baldurs gate 2 on gemrb downloaded from google store. It worked well, but had some crashes like... every sprung trap (even with tweak&fix packs), opening doors(freeing him) to a fat guy(ghast) in irenicus dungeons, then when i killed kalah in circuiss... crash again.;

So i decided to do some reading and found about newest 0.8.0 from sourceforge.net

i installed it

game stopped crashing, but...

1. cursors are gone...

2. how to remap keys, since the menu with options is gone.. it used to popup whenever i started gemrb and i could freely remap volume keys to highlight objects and pause..

Please help

seriously... how to highlight interactive objects/ lootable items, since i cant remap volume+ to 'c' button anylonger ??????? and cant remap volume- to pause... why are these functions deleted, lol.

they weren't deleted, they were never there in the first place. those were part of a 3rd party effort we had no control over.

cursors are there in source, but i don't know if there is a build that recent. also you may have to set an option in the cfg for them.

you can highlight containers by touching with 2 fingers, the same for scrolling the viewport.

First of all, Thank You for responding yet today.

cursors are there in source, but i don't know if there is a build that recent. also you may have to set an option in the cfg for them.

I have tried putting different numbers in mouse options (0,1,2,3) in gemrb.cfg - none of them showed cursor like in the google market version (0.7.0). It was following anywhere i touched.

you can highlight containers by touching with 2 fingers, the same for scrolling the viewport.

Didn't know about that. It is essential info.

Anyways, I've checked previous versions (0.7.1 and 0.7.2) - http://sourceforge.n...naries/android/

They seem to have previously mentioned crashes fixed (traps and fatguy/ghast), and also has working cursors.

File named gemrb-0.7.2-576-g398d3a1-build-2.apk seems to be the latest working version with working SDL startup menu, that allows players to configure key remaps. For me this is very important. It also has the keyboard icon in the left-top corner of the screen, which allows me to choose dialog options precisely. I was missing this features very much in version 0.8.0. Not to mention that 0.7.2 is working much better and my smartphone (32 bit).

Most of it seems to be ok, BUT.......

1. Circles under champions are missing whenever selected more then 1 at a time

2. "move to" cursor is gone - i mean the one that shows with >X< the position that you chose for a champion to move to. Its confusing

Any solution?

1. Circles under champions are missing whenever selected more then 1 at a time

2. "move to" cursor is gone - i mean the one that shows with >X< the position that you chose for a champion to move to. Its confusing

Any solution?

Thanks to friendly mates from GEMRB IRC CHANNEL: LynxLynxLynx & Brada

I have edited GEM-BALDUR.INI in the game folder

Locator Feedback Level = 0

to

Locator Feedback Level = 1000

and everything seems to be working fine!

That's very wierd, but someone reported it already. I am on the same arch and even built the same revision, did the same testing, even stepped through the code, yet it still works for me as always and not for him. I am suspect of unlikely things now (gcc regressions for example). I'll recheck when I update my system back to the most fresh stuff available.

Archived