BG2 "Wear Multiple Protection Items" bug

roooriii

It's impossible (outside of using the console) to get back the original ring/amulet/cloak of protection which improves AC + saves and cannot be worn with magical armor.
Ha, you can uninstall the component if you have installed it by running the setup-*modname*.exe in the game folder.

Just be warned that it could take long time to uninstall and reinstall the components if you have many mods installed after the tweak. And if you have a larger than life install(megamod), a reinstall is the way to go, as you will likely damage something in the un/re-install. Of course this will mean that you can't load a save, but you should always start a new game when installing mods anyways so.

It's impossible (outside of using the console) to get back the original ring/amulet/cloak of protection which improves AC + saves and cannot be worn with magical armor.
Ha, you can uninstall the component if you have installed it by running the setup-*modname*.exe in the game folder.

Just be warned that it could take long time to uninstall and reinstall the components if you have many mods installed after the tweak. And if you have a larger than life install(megamod), a reinstall is the way to go, as you will likely damage something in the un/re-install. Of course this will mean that you can't load a save, but you should always start a new game when installing mods anyways so.

Are you trolling? I know how to uninstall a Weidu mod.

OP's point (and mine) was that "switching modes" with the tweakpack version of the ring of protection with +X saves (or whatever) does not give you back the vanilla game version of the ring; instead it gives you a +X AC/+X saving throw ring that can only be sold for 1gp and can be worn with magic armor or other items of protection.

OP's point (and mine) was that "switching modes" with the tweakpack version of the ring of protection with +X saves (or whatever) does not give you back the vanilla game version of the ring; instead it gives you a +X AC/+X saving throw ring that can only be sold for 1gp and can be worn with magic armor or other items of protection.
So the "bug" is that the implementation used currently doesn't work correctly as it doesn't give back the original item when you try to switch back...

I asked what the bug was, as the message wasn't clear to me... and that's a clear answer I can live with.

Archived