Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
theacefes

Sarah for BG2:EE

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

Les d'Oghmatiques have completed the French translation of Sarah.

 

We understand people here may not be available at this time so we decided to test it on our own. Since using translation on BG2EE requires that texts use a different encoding than on BG II, I took inspiration of the new HANDLE_CHARSETS function written by Wisp and demonstrated in Edwin Romance V2.06 to make a package including the French translation and the code required to handle its installation on BG2EE.

 

Here is an archive that is built as a patch compared to the archive linked in the previous message. The archive Sarah for BG2:EE from the first post is required and must be extracted first, than the patch archive should be extracted in the same directory, and overwriting files from the original archive shall be agreed if requested.

 

There are a few more changes in addition including the translation:

  • French translation by Le Marquis from Les d'Oghmatiques
  • Fixed k#sarahb.d and k#sarahb.tra: @670 and @671 were present twice, with different texts
  • Fixed directory name for BG II portraits (was "bge" while tp2 uses "bg2")
  • Fixed large portrait for BG2EE (it was the same as medium)
  • Updated the tp2 to take into account the charset for BG2EE as per the new solution used in Edwin Romance V2.06
  • WeiDU Updated to v236
  • Version bumped to V3.3, history updated in the readme

I checked installation on BG2EE for French language. In game testing was limited to recruting Sarah in the team and getting the first banter, while ensuring the dialogs were properly displayed.

Overall Sarah for BG2:EE and this patch should work on BG II.

 

The "patch" needs to be applied to the mod before installing it. Notably it replaces the tp2 file and the two files mentioned above.

Due to the fix to the inconsistent naming of the BGII portraits directory, you may delete directory sarah\portraits\bge since it's now named bg2 in the patch, as expected by the tp2 file.

 

The size of the archive is mostly due to including the iconv program for Windows used to convert texts into the UTF8 encoding required for BG2EE. As explained by Wisp, the sources of the tool are also included, due to its license.

 

We would very much like these changes to be included officially in the mod once you have proper time to review them. Feel free to contact me for more information.

 

Isaya

Share this post


Link to post

The size of the archive is mostly due to including the iconv program for Windows used to convert texts into the UTF8 encoding required for BG2EE. As explained by Wisp, the sources of the tool are also included, due to its license.

 

You can reduce the size of the archive by using different compression on the iconv source code. Using the 7z format with LZMA compression, the source takes up 1.4 MB rather than 4.5 MB.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to tell Wisp, as I copied the iconv directory from Edwin Romance.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×