set global variable for Eldoth's quest?

Lemernis

I've had a party member speak with Skie with Eldoth located still down on the first floor, and she fled, believing it was a burglar. I thought that would satisfy the quest, but I guess not. I'm playing a roleplay-intensive game wherein I have imagined that Eldoth is fine with not pursuing the blackmail scheme after all. But I see now that he wants to leave, I assume because his quest has not been completed. Is there a way to set a global variable for this via EEKeeper such that Eldoth will stay?

I would think it is probably RESCUESKIE which is set to 4686394. If that is the right one, what value should I set it to?

(By the way, the modder title is honorary, as I simply wrote dialogue for a smallish mod. Please forgive my ignorance. :-))

Edit: Since posting this I have learned that the timer is set for 1 day from when the party enters BG city NW with Eldoth in the party. But I realized that I could CLUA in Skie, add her temporarily, then Ctrl+Y her. So I did this from a save just before Eldoth leaves. And that seems to solve the problem.

By the way, after doing the above, under global variables "RESCUEDSKIE" appeared, set at a value of 1. So I would imagine the same resolution could be accomplished (?) by adding the global variable RESCUEDSKIE and setting its value to 1.

RESCUESKIE which is set to 4686394
If it has such a number it is a timer of sorts. So, setting it to "1" would rather trigger whatever happens then (probably Eldoth being unpatient and leaving).

Good you found a way to solve it. Sorry for no reply, but I never played with Eldoth and / or Skie and didn't feel like working myself through the code if I don't even know how the quest was supposed to go.

Thanks for the response, jastey. Actually, I tested adding the global variable "RESCUEDSKIE" (note past tense) set to a value of 1 using a saved game right before Eldoth leaves and it did work. Just an FYI for any who may want to try this one day.

Context is I'm in a roleplay-intensive run and had a slot for Eldoth only, so I RPed that Eldoth decided to abandon the blackmail quest after Coran snuck up stairs and attempted to tell Skie that she was being rescued from the clutches of her tyrannical father. Eldoth then backs off from the plan because he is concerned that he would likely have been spotted downstairs by the servant in the foyer, and could later be tied to the scheme. That's all in imagination of course. But in any event, I'm glad there's a way to make that imagined response square up in-game with this modification to un-force-pair Eldoth from Skie.

Archived