Game constantly crashing when entering / loading in Waukeen's Promenade

I have just finished the de'Arnise quest with the trolls, and tried heading to Waukeen's Promenade right after. This prompts Valen to speak to me. Immediately after finishing my conversation with her, the game crashes and says "Baldur's Gate 2 has encountered an error and needs to close". I've tried at least 10 different times with the same result.

It does not freeze if I visit other areas; only Waukeen's Promenade. I've tried travelling to Waukeen's Promenade via City Gates and other locations but to no avail. I got fed up and tried uninstalling bg2fixpack v10, and low and behold, I do not encounter any crashing. I got to the Promenade at last, finished speaking with Valen, and then saved my game. Then I went into a store in the promenade and saved in a different slot so I had 2 separate files. I quit the game, and reinstalled bg2fixpack v10 with all its components. Tried loading the 2 new save files, and the game crashed AGAIN, however this time it crashed on the load screen.

Uninstalled bg2fixpack v10 again and the load files worked fine. So this time I tried only installing the core fixes and nothing else. Still made Waukeen's Promenade inaccessible.

Does any one have any suggestions on what I should do? Anyone experienced anything similar? I really want to play with the bg2fixpack enabled... but in the worst case scenario, I may need to just leave it uninstalled. Would the game be tolerable without the fixes?

Thanks a ton for the help!

Surely it is fault of one of the other mods you've got, not of fixpack. I've played my last fifteen playthrough with the fixpack and I never had such an issue.

If you don't wish to troubleshoot, just uninstall the fixpack and be done with it.

Archived