Dynaheir Journal Quest does not show up in journal- BGEE

GoblinCookie

I have rescued Dynaheir from the Gnoll Fortress but while at the time the text window said that it had added Dynaheir's Journal quest entry, it actually does not show up in the journal.

So what am I to make of this? I am using the prerelease version, the one that has (so far) proven compatable with BGEE.

Will the quest still work even if it is invisible or will it break?

I have rescued Dynaheir from the Gnoll Fortress but while at the time the text window said that it had added Dynaheir's Journal quest entry, it actually does not show up in the journal.

There's a difference between gaining a quest, and when the "journal has been updated"(as that can also happen when the quest is resolved).

There's a difference between gaining a quest, and when the "journal has been updated"(as that can also happen when the quest is resolved).

There is no reference to the quest either in the present quests or finished quests.

The question here is whether I should continue to play on despite an actually visible quest entry or whether it is broken and I should get help to fix it. I am kind of stuck until I work that out.

I still need to do find all the journal entries in BG1NPC and add ADD_JOURNAL commands to the .tp2. There's a new journal entry database for BGEE that needs to be updated. It's on the todo list...

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=25609

You can play just fine. The quest should still work, just the journal entries won't appear.

I still need to do find all the journal entries in BG1NPC and add ADD_JOURNAL commands to the .tp2. There's a new journal entry database for BGEE that needs to be updated. It's on the todo list...

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=25609

You can play just fine. The quest should still work, just the journal entries won't appear.

I have already added manual journal entries anyway using the brilliant smoothly editable journal that the Extended Edition comes with. Good to hear that it is simply not something you have done rather than a bug and that everything will still work as normal.

Archived