Shank and Carbos and their Crossplatform Woes

Thimblerig

Shank and Carbos appear early in BG1 - they're the inept assassins in Candlekeep.

They also appear in SoA, fighting over a girl.

BGT handles the double-up by renaming the .cre files and giving them death variables: BGCARBOS (cre) CARBOS (dv) BGSHANK (cre) SHANK (dv). I've tried to find out how Tutu and Extended Edition handle this and Google is coming up empty. Short of an unwieldy reinstall, would anybody know what the Tutu and EE death variables are?

It's not exactly world-shattering, but there's a chance of making "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" jokes, here...

Thank you for your consideration.

BGT handles the double-up by renaming the .cre files and giving them death variables: BGCARBOS (cre) CARBOS (dv) BGSHANK (cre) SHANK (dv). I've tried to find out how Tutu and Extended Edition handle this and Google is coming up empty. Short of an unwieldy reinstall, would anybody know what the Tutu and EE death variables are?

Well the obvious way at least in the EE, so shank.cre and dv, and carbos.cre and dv. The Tutu might have them with the _-prefix, so _shank.cre ... but that's only a suspicion as I don't have a Tutu's installed at the moment on this computer, but the EE variables are certain.

Archived