AddKit vs AddSuperKit

Grammarsalad

I cannot for the life of me find any information on the difference (s) between AddKit(AK) and AddSuperKit(ASK). I have a number of questions, but I would be happy with a link to the relevant documentation.

If i understand correctly, ASK will add an existing kit 'on top of' another kit whereas with AK, the added kit will essentially 'override' any kit it is added to.

Question 1: is this right?

Question 1.1: Assuming this is generally correct, how does it do this with clab abilities?

For example: let's say I have a stalker, and, at some suitably high level, I use an item or whatever, and summon a doohickey that addkit or addsuperkit s the character into an assassin. I assume that neither command would actually change my class (though, please correct me if I'm wrong).

I can think of a few ways this might work as far as the clab is concerned:

A. The new kit clab completely overrides the old clab. The character described above would lose all clab based abilities of his previous Kit (eg stalker) and gain all clab abilities of the new kit up to his current level. As he levels, he gains clab abilities of his new kit (assassin). I think this is how AddKit works.

B. The new clab completely stacks with the old clab. The character keeps all abilities in the old clab, and gets all abilities of the new kit up to his current level. As he levels up, he gets the abilities of both kits. So, this example character would have all abilities of a stalker and assassin. I don't think either command works like this. I'm just using this for illustrative purposes.

C. Something between A and B above. This is where i would like to put the description for SuperAddKit.

2. Are there other differences, say, with usabilities? Would the above character (eg) lose I usabilities (or unusabilities) specific to the stalker and gain usabilities specific to the assassin? (should have used the beast master and kensai as examples). What about hardcoded features tied to usabilities like (I think) a paladin s bonus to saves or the shadowdancers HIPS?

3. Anything else I'm not thinking of?

I remember Idobek having to sort this out for NPC Kit. As I recall, the lone difference between the two is that ASK will leave the previous kit abilities intact, whereas AK will replace them. So if you wanted a kensai/assassin, you could get there with AK followed by ASK. Since only one kit description can be active, the last one applied is what you'll see in the character sheet, though I believe that all will return true in kit check.

Neither AK or ASK change class. If you try to apply a non-allowed kit to a class I believe it gets ignored, e.g. trying to make a thief an inquisitor will do nothing.

Usabilities, no idea.

I remember Idobek having to sort this out for NPC Kit. As I recall, the lone difference between the two is that ASK will leave the previous kit abilities intact, whereas AK will replace them. So if you wanted a kensai/assassin, you could get there with AK followed by ASK. Since only one kit description can be active, the last one applied is what you'll see in the character sheet, though I believe that all will return true in kit check.

Neither AK or ASK change class. If you try to apply a non-allowed kit to a class I believe it gets ignored, e.g. trying to make a thief an inquisitor will do nothing.

Usabilities, no idea.

Thanks!

I know that new usabilitiy restrictions are imposed from testing AddSuperKit. I have no idea if old ones are removed, but that won't be an issue.

Thanks!

Archived