Finally looking at BG again! Now compatibility questions

Decided to look through again and see what updates there are recently and was somewhat surprised to find a lot of things I was waiting on are either done or almost done, some other interesting mods cropping up and some I didn't look too closely at looking pretty interesting. Though I'm still waiting for an official release of BG1NPC (immediately after I post this I find it HAS been updated), I figured I should make sure I have everything else figured out so I'm ready to start installing and playing as soon as that's out.

Firstly, I noticed Item Upgrades wasn't updated, itself, but just needed an updated WeiDU. Do I just replace setup-itemupgrade.exe with weidu.exe from version 238 and name it the same?

I also looked at the Underrepresented Items mod and didn't see it on the list of EE-compatible mods. Is like Item Upgrades, where it just needs the updated WeiDU to work?

I noticed Ashes of Embers works with BG2:EE, but does it work with BG1:EE? I was just going to allow all classes to use all weapons, because I'm used to 3rd edition rules.

I'd like to make a clean backup of the base game since my internet at home is really terrible. Which files in Enhanced Edition do I need to backup? Still just dialog.tlk, chitin.key and the override folder

Decided to look through again and see what updates there are recently and was somewhat surprised to find a lot of things I was waiting on are either done or almost done, some other interesting mods cropping up and some I didn't look too closely at looking pretty interesting. Though I'm still waiting for an official release of BG1NPC (immediately after I post this I find it HAS been updated), I figured I should make sure I have everything else figured out so I'm ready to start installing and playing as soon as that's out.

Firstly, I noticed Item Upgrades wasn't updated, itself, but just needed an updated WeiDU. Do I just replace setup-itemupgrade.exe with weidu.exe from version 238 and name it the same?

Item Upgrades actually is updated, but it would be wise to update WeiDU anyway.

I also looked at the Underrepresented Items mod and didn't see it on the list of EE-compatible mods. Is like Item Upgrades, where it just needs the updated WeiDU to work?

I am not sure but I believe that yes. If it doesn't install you might need to update the .tp2 file and add a few GAME_IS checks here and there.

BTW, all of the EE-compatible mod lists are missing many mods.

I noticed Ashes of Embers works with BG2:EE, but does it work with BG1:EE? I was just going to allow all classes to use all weapons, because I'm used to 3rd edition rules.

Dunno about that... Still trying out won't hurt (I think).

I'd like to make a clean backup of the base game since my internet at home is really terrible. Which files in Enhanced Edition do I need to backup? Still just dialog.tlk, chitin.key and the override folder

I believe just chitin.key and your language's dialog.tlk will be enough, but you might want to backup the whole game.

BTW, all of the EE-compatible mod lists are missing many mods.

I figured, yeah. Lists that intend to be comprehensive tend to be nowhere near comprehensive, in my experience. :p

It turns out Underrepresented Items got updated as well. Which makes sense, since if he updated Item Upgrades then he would upgrade this as well. Anywho, having a hard time figuring out an install order. I saw the list for Tutu mods, but is there one for BG2 mods as well? If I recall correctly, though, it's Quest Mods > Items > Kitpacks > NPCs > banter packs > AI/rules mods/tweaks > SCS?

I was thinking Back to Brynnlaw > Eilistraee's Song > Unfinished Business > Item Upgrades > Underrepresented Items > SP Collection > Ajantis > Kivan > Xan > Yasraena > Imoen Friendship > Banter pack > Crossmod banter pack (from CMorgan's Github) > Ashes of Embers > SimDing0's Quest Pack > Rogue Rebalancing > BG2 Tweak Pack > Sword Coast Stratagems.

Edit: Oh, if it turns out Ashes of Embers doesn't work, is there another mod that removes weapon restrictions?

Anywho, having a hard time figuring out an install order.

That's cause you are not looking at the primary list(the one in the beamdogs own forum) as it tells you not only which mods are definitely compatible, but also the install order.

If you just wish to use the best guess of the community, the BiG World Setup has option to choose a BG2EE game too. As well as BG1EE.

Archived