Summoned creatures scripts

Magus

I'd like to leave some feedback on the summoned creatures scripts. I think they're a little too independent.

For example, skeletal warriors will follow the summoner when there's no other order. No thank you, please stay where you are, I'm just exploring in Sanctuary. It quickly gets annoying to tell them to get back all the time.

Another issue is that for some creatures (djinni from the flask, moon dog, maybe others, not quite sure) their own scripting sometimes takes precedence over user command. If I want the djinni to fire a magic missile, I want it that very instant.

It's arguably "not a bug, but a feature", but it would be really helpful to at least have an option (a variable, or an installation option) that would make the summons more subordinate.

I'd like to leave some feedback on the summoned creatures scripts. I think they're a little too independent.

For example, skeletal warriors will follow the summoner when there's no other order. No thank you, please stay where you are, I'm just exploring in Sanctuary. It quickly gets annoying to tell them to get back all the time.

Another issue is that for some creatures (djinni from the flask, moon dog, maybe others, not quite sure) their own scripting sometimes takes precedence over user command. If I want the djinni to fire a magic missile, I want it that very instant.

It's arguably "not a bug, but a feature", but it would be really helpful to at least have an option (a variable, or an installation option) that would make the summons more subordinate.

I don't know the specific CREs you would want changed, but if you find out, I can upload some dummy scripts where they wouldn't do anything unless you tell them to. I hate it when summons do anything on their own.

Archived