"Gorion's Dagger" Mod Addition Request/Suggestion

MrSyms

Yeah, sorry everyone, I wasn't being serious about the Luck bonus - it was an in-joke referencing an argument in the IR forums. For a more appropriate item for Gorion, how about an item ability to Detect Invisible?

Actually Luck might be okay for 1st-level characters... but if it was used, I'd like to see some kind of scripted event where the dagger gets taken away in chapter 3 or so.

In fact that would be cool in any event - your father dies, you have this magic dagger to remember him by, then an agent of Sarevok steals it away, leaving you nothing... it would raise the emotional stakes. It would also make Charname more likely to be fooled by the story of Koveras' Ring of Protection later on...

Considering that Gorion is a mage and a Harper (okay, I hope I didn't spoiler for anyone there), instead of a dagger (what powerful mage gives two whits about a melee weapon?), how about a Harper Pin? http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Harper_pin_%28lesser%29

The mind shielding powers aren't exactly translatable to BG (immunity to detect thoughts, discern lies, and detect alignment), but perhaps non-detection as an equipped effect and 1/day protection from charm (60 second duration) would be appropriate.

Considering that Gorion is a mage and a Harper, instead of a dagger , how about a Harper Pin?

You did know the BG2 has a Harper Pin item ?

harperpin.jpg

That's quite too much, I would say.

Now it could be a lesser one yes, say just one of the 4.

Or if we still go with the dagger, a controllable magic missile: It has 5 charges per day, and it can be used to cast either 1 missile at a time, or 2, 3, 4, or 5. Each "ability" take as many charges as missiles...

perhaps non-detection as an equipped effect and 1/day protection from charm (60 second duration) would be appropriate.

Non-detection seems a bit too thief-y to me. (Plus, Gorion was tracked down *really* quickly after leaving Candlekeep. Though, you could spin it such that it was Charname who gave away their location, which would afain add some emotional resonance to the events - in this case, by way of guilt.)

How about straight Charm immunity as an equipping effect? That would happily prevent a certain notorious game-ending scenario over near the coast...

Forgot about the Harper Pin in BG2. I was thinking of a Lesser Pin, so that it's more appropriate for BG1. However, the fact that there is a inventory image is a nice bonus! :thumbsup:

Keeping within the powers of the Greater Pin (so that the Greater Pin doesn't lose any powers of the Lesser Pin), how about:

Equipped Abilities:

+1 bonus to saves vs. spells

+20% Electrical Resistance

Archived