magic resistance overhaul

It doesn't do that either.

Sorry, my bad.

TBH I wouldn't mind if SCS sequencers were adaptive to the player's stats - players can generally prepare for upcoming enemies after all.

Hard to code without risking implausibility - the line between "prepares for party" and "has unjustified telepathic knowledge of party" is hard to avoid crossing.

I agree. Were the Lich a Diviner, they could possibly be able to do this, but that's still a far stretch.

Yeah, the player can prepare for an upcoming battle... but there's also the chance that you encounter a goblin that completely ruins your day.

subtledoctor, you need to know that you have to forgo the information you can read with Near Infinity, as a normal player doesn't have the possibility to read that info, the AI can see those, but the player can't, so there's not a lot they can actually predict... unless you take about save-scumming. And in that, the AI has a whole lot of advantage still, as they can see live stats, not just the base stats.

I mean this is all academic so let's please not have a pile-on (especially considering it's my thread that has been hijacked :p )... I was just saying I could have lived perfectly happily if that were the case. Knowing it is not the case, and that the choice of sequencers is actually random, that's fine too. Not suggesting anything change.

I mean this is all academic so let's please not have a pile-on (especially considering it's my thread that has been hijacked :p )... I was just saying I could have lived perfectly happily if that were the case. Knowing it is not the case, and that the choice of sequencers is actually random, that's fine too. Not suggesting anything change.

Apologies for hijacking the thread - I'd seen the comment that SCS sequencers cheat in half a dozen places and picked this one at random to make a correction.

Not, as you say, that there's anything wrong with cheating sequencers intrinsically - it's just that it would go against SCS's design goals.

Archived