BGEE

Alboy

I only got the v.2 update yesterday

Do you mean the EE update? If you update the modded install with a new game version, the mod files are gone. Thus, references in the game point to nothing. You'll have to - at least - reinstall the mods, but it is doubtful the string references won't be broken. You'll have to start a new game.

Note: Do not update your EE game while playing a modded runthrough. Copy the whole 00xxx game folder to another folder, and install your mods there to prevent auto-updates to kill your modded game.

I am sorry, I didn't explain it properly.

I got the EE update yesterday, yes. Every mod was gone, you are right. I checked which mods are compatible to the new version and I installed the versions that I mentioned. I started a new game and everything was working just fine until I met Coran. He is the one that's got the "Invalid" dialog going (he was the only part of the mod that I installed).

Ok, so, after using my amazing Google Foo skills I found the solution.

I opened up the weidu.conf in notepad and changed it to "lang_dir = en_us.

It seems to be working now. No idea how the cz got there in the first place.

The first time you run WeiDU, it asks you to set the "lang_dir" parameter. BGEE comes with DIALOG.TLK files for a bunch of languages. Setting this parameter tells WeiDU which DIALOG.TLK file to use. The list of languages is generated dynamically from the list of languages in the "lang" directory, and it lists the languages by alphabetical order of their subdirectory names. For BGEE, English is language #2 (since the "en_US" subdirectory is third in the list, after "cs_CZ" and "de_DE"). It's not uncommon to assume English will be first and press 0 - and then you end up installing your mods to the Czech DIALOG.TLK. ;-)

Glad you got it fixed!

Archived