On 5/10/2020 at 8:45 AM, Mike1072 said:

If an EE-specific version was created someday, the description formatting would likely be changed to blend in more with the EE style.

I'm really looking forward to it! This is literally the only thing that I'm sorely miss in IR(R). And I understand maintining the mod to work for both classic and EE versions can be PITA.

On 5/10/2020 at 7:07 AM, Cahir said:

@Mike1072also while were at it. What would it take to have mod related items to be included in Shield changes and Armor changes components patching routine? Is adding them to this  file and this file sufficient or this would require other changes of code?

If you include them in there with the appropriate value for their shield or armor type, you shouldn't need to do anything else.

Yup, tested this for SoD to BG2EE Item Update mod and it worked well. I'm going to browse through NTotSC items too. Will share my update to the list in other topic when I'm done. Although I'm not sure if NTotSC items aren't already included in the list. Need to check.

On 5/10/2020 at 8:25 AM, Cahir said:

Now to get it absolutely perfect for my tastes I would like to tweak couple more things. If you could tell me what needs to be change, I'd be eternally grateful.

1. I'd like to change:

Special: No Missile Weapon Protection

to

No protection against missile attacks

That can probably be done by changing @100313 in description_updates.tra.

Hmm tried that and it didn't work. But it's entirely possible I did something wrong. Not a big deal, just a minor cosmetic inconvenience.

On 5/10/2020 at 8:25 AM, Cahir said:

2. This would probably be more tricky. I would like to have additional line that adds bonus AC vs. missiles for Large shields to be added to general AC bonus line, to looks more like in EE games (examples below) instead of what is looking now at the screen above:

That's getting more complicated and may be better suited to a new topic in Modding Q&A.  Essentially you'd want to use a REPLACE_TEXTUALLY on the description, finding a line that starts with "– Armor Class:" followed by a line starting with "Special:" and replace the newline in between them.  It would involve a regexp similar to the one in my previous post.

Yeah, not going to spend my time to pursue this, especially *if* you ever plan to update IR with EE-style descriptions. Like above, just a minor cosmetic inconvenience.

The Ring of Earth Control:

• 2-point bonus to AC
  • summon an. earth elemental
  • cast Stoneskin

I found it in D'Arnise Keep or somewhere on the way to the Shade Lord, I forget.  That is better than any ring or cloak or amulet of protection I've found thus far in the game, and casts the best defensive spell and a solid mid-level summons.  Usable by anyone.  It's just too good.

I would (and likely will) replace the AC bonus with something like a 10% crushing resistance.  I welcome other ideas though.

EDIT - what I actually ended up doing in my game is to restrict the 2-point AC bonus to blunt weapons only.  It's in keeping with the theme, I think.

Edited by subtledoctor