SR's compatibility with TDD? weird spell behavior

apprenticepeng

Hi All,

The Darkest Day and Spell Revisions both add spells to the game. Is there any compatibility issues?

I've experienced some weird spell behavior myself. For example, the "Eyes of Wrath" spell targets all creatures on the current map; the "Otiluke's Resilient Sphere" spell cannot be dispelled...

Install SR very late in the install order (somewhere before SCS, but after big mods such as TDD). TDD spells are not tweaked by SR and will probably be quite overpowering compared to SR. None of the new TDD spells are used by AI so it doesn't matter if they add IDS entries or not.

Install SR very late in the install order (somewhere before SCS, but after big mods such as TDD). TDD spells are not tweaked by SR and will probably be quite overpowering compared to SR. None of the new TDD spells are used by AI so it doesn't matter if they add IDS entries or not.

Do you include your summoning spells on the comparison list ? Cause if you are, your are lying man.

And you are saying that under no circumstance, the TDD installed scripts, will ever use their spells ? That's not actually what the SCS does. It extends the existing scripts the creatures have. It doesn't overwrite them unless it has to and in those situations, the SCS weights the conditions, if it can do that.

Remember, the player scripts are also in this list. Giving the latitude of player choice of spells to choose from, and thus the case where the spell compatibility issue might rise. But I also believe that some of the TDD's assigned vanilla scripts still retain their spells, and thus the players scripts are not the only thing this effects to. So overwriting spells won't have effects as the .cre's still retain their TDD spells, which their scripts cast.

Archived