adding innate abilities from a dialogue

subtledoctor

I'm dead sure that in SoD I've added RevealAreaOnMap() - or whatever action it was that enabled travel to Boareskyr Bridge area from Chapter 8, - to instants and it worked fine, no longer interruptible if player would order Corwin around and break the queue.

I'm dead sure that in SoD I've added RevealAreaOnMap() - or whatever action it was that enabled travel to Boareskyr Bridge area from Chapter 8, - to instants and it worked fine, no longer interruptible if player would order Corwin around and break the queue.

That's probably because revealareaonmap is an instant :p

An action is not instant because it is in instant.ids but because of how it works (does it end in a single ai cycle, or returns with a value that instructs the engine to keep it in the action queue).

Obviously, if an action was erroneously omitted from instant.ids, it is still an instant and adding it to instant.ids is a good thing.

Btw looks like putting both AddSpecialAbility() and RemoveSpellRES actions into a single dialogue response is in fact no good:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/832580/#Comment_832580

The RemoveSpellRES action didn't happen. So there's your test.

I don't think I got an answer: can I force these by wrapping both inside an ActionOverride() action? Or do I need to just change them to ApplySpell() and make spells that have 171 and 172 effects?

The RemoveSpellRES action didn't happen. So there's your test.

The RemoveSpell/RES actions only decrement memorizations, they don't actually remove known spells.

The Remove Spell Opcode is a necessity, but I've not had any problems with ActionOverride(AddSpecialAbility) action yet, but I also EXIT the dialogue after the action block containing it.

Archived