WeiDU - is it possible to have no BACKUP folder?

agb1

I'm writing utility scripts using WeiDU that I want to be able to run repeatedly and I do not want them to restore files that were there before. Is it possible to disable the BACKUP folder?

WeiDU gives me parse errors if I leave the BACKUP line out of the tp2 file. Setting BACKUP to ~~ creates component-num folders in the top level of my drive. Setting it to contain spaces results in a mkdir error.

I also tried DELETE at the end of my script to delete the backup folder, but it fails because WeiDU still has the backup files "open."

Afaik, the BACKUP directive is mandatory. However, you can use the NO_LOG_RECORD flag if you want a mod component not to be registered into the WeiDU.log. That way you can call that mod component multiple times without any game resources being backed up or restored. I'm setting this flag in my DlcBuilder mod, for example.

Alternatively, many WeiDU actions, such as COPY, DELETE or MOVE, provide an option that prevents making a backup copy of the resource by adding a plus sign after the command keyword.

Afaik, the BACKUP directive is mandatory. However, you can use the NO_LOG_RECORD flag if you want a mod component not to be registered into the WeiDU.log. That way you can call that mod component multiple times without any game resources being backed up or restored. I'm setting this flag in my DlcBuilder mod, for example.

Alternatively, many WeiDU actions, such as COPY, DELETE or MOVE, provide an option that prevents making a backup copy of the resource by adding a plus sign after the command keyword.

Search for "optNoBackup" on http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/README-WeiDU.html#hevea_default329 for more details of what argent77 described.

Is there any documentation on which mods do this and so on, as using this could lead to all kinds of fun things. I have seen the TC mods(BGT&Tutu etc) debug giving this, but it's there for moving the files from one game to another while they are edited.

I don't think mods that actually install or modify game resources should ever use the NO_LOG_RECORD flag. It's probably mainly used by debugging tools written in WeiDU.

The "optNoBackup" parameter can be useful for processing files with external tools (like graphics or sound conversion tools) which bypass WeiDU's backup mechanism anyway.

Archived