EET vanilla/mod NPC continuity questions (spoilers)

Ser Elryk

Got a continuity question...

I went ahead and placed Roxanne's *.bcs file in my override in order to allow my fresh BG2 party to keep their equipment in Chateau Irenicus. My real plan is to keep only a few specific signature items and dump all the rest.

I've been caught by surprise with losing party members in SoD. Imoen is not with me for Korlasz's tomb, Minsc and Dynaheir left afterward. I know Isra will leave at some point, and I'll meet up with her again in BG2 in the normal way for her mod.

When does inventory get lost for good? When is the "point of no return", so to speak, for inventory? For example, when I transitioned to SoD, nothing that Imoen was carrying -- wielded or in loose inventory -- is placed in other party member's loose inventory. I seem to recall this behavior as being irregular.

Now that I think on it, I'm beginning to suspect that my best option will be to simply look in my pre-transition save for any items I want to make sure to keep in BG2, make a list, and just CLUA them in once I hit the Chateau.

Ok. Glad y'all could observe my thought process arrive at its conclusion... :p

I went ahead and placed Roxanne's *.bcs file

I have no idea what you mean by that?

Anyway -

- Upon transition from BG1 to SoD you will find a number of items (e.g. from Imoen, Sarevok etc) on the ground in the first room where you start (yes, not the ideal placement but this is current status quo until some mod improves it.)

- After you did Korlasz' plot and you party members leave one by one and you are transferred to the ducal palace, you find your stuff in your bedroom in some chests (and some overhead text that reminds you)

- At the prison end of SoD, you agian find your things outside of your cell - whoever lets you free will tell you about it.

- At the real transition from SoD to BG2, a number of items from a selected list are transferred from your party to Irenicus dungeion. (This list and also what/how things are transferred is open to modders to put items to it or decide on how to place them in the dungeon or elsewhere - there is potential for modders to express themselve here.) The (cutscene) party on the last SoD scene is not relevant to determine those items, so do not worry about them.

- My mini EETMoveItemsSoA.zip, if this is what you referred to earlier, just takes the items thus imported (they are per default not accessible in the game where they are in the dungeon) and places them on a table in the room where the duergars are (i.e. you have to make some progress/fighting first to get access to them) This mini tweak does not influence which items there are, this is determined in the earlier steps above.

More details are in this discussion

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28213&page=1&do=findComment&comment=246497

Just a reminder

In EET yiu can visit the BG1 areas (accept BG town itself for obvious plot reasons) any time after you left Irenicus Dungeon and have access to the worldmap. So, items you put e.g. in a chest in Tenya's house or a shelf in a farmhouse in Nashkel you can pick up from there at any later time, even in ToB.

I went ahead and placed Roxanne's *.bcs file

I have no idea what you mean by that?

Ah, sorry. The file was called CVTALOA.bcs. I think you offered it up in a different thread for a poster desiring the capability to keep items on transition to BG2.

Anyway -

- Upon transition from BG1 to SoD you will find a number of items (e.g. from Imoen, Sarevok etc) on the ground in the first room where you start (yes, not the ideal placement but this is current status quo until some mod improves it.)

Incidentally, none of Imoen's items dropped, but Sarevok's +2 Sword of Chaos did. It was a bit odd to see everyone obsessing over this missing sword of his, that Korlasz had apparently shipped to Amn out from under our noses, while I held it in my hands. "Ummm... Hey guys? You talking about this thing here?"

Now that I think on it, there may have been a tweak that made Sarevok drop his sword. Perhaps this initial dropping of items in SoD gives you the drops from the final Sarevok battle in BG1? That would make some sense. As I had such sudden success against the webbed Sarevok, I forwent my plans vis a vis his compatriots and instead focused all efforts on downing him. Semaj, Angelo, and Tazok were still alive when I "won" BG1.

Anyway -

Incidentally, none of Imoen's items dropped, but Sarevok's +2 Sword of Chaos did. It was a bit odd to see everyone obsessing over this missing sword of his, that Korlasz had apparently shipped to Amn out from under our noses, while I held it in my hands. "Ummm... Hey guys? You talking about this thing here?"

Now that I think on it, there may have been a tweak that made Sarevok drop his sword. Perhaps this initial dropping of items in SoD gives you the drops from the final Sarevok battle in BG1? That would make some sense. As I had such sudden success against the webbed Sarevok, I forwent my plans vis a vis his compatriots and instead focused all efforts on downing him. Semaj, Angelo, and Tazok were still alive when I "won" BG1.

Your analysis is correct - the heap would contain the loot from the final battle. The mod that drops Sarevok's sword should be declared incompatible with EET (obviously). (EET would remove the sword if you had it, unless this mod uses another mod-specific instance of the sword which is not recognised by EET). Since Imoen will not be joinable during SoD and comes empty handed in Irenicus Dungeon, what is transferred of her inventory (if anything qualifies) will be with your things later in the ducal palace, except for plot items transferred immediately (if any).

(Look into container *Imoen_import_eq* in area BG0120.are in your savegame after transfer to check which items are covered by it)

IF

Global("BD_TURNOFF_GEARSCRIPT","BD0120",0)

Global("SOD_fromimport","global",1)

Global("BD_Imoen_Items","GLOBAL",0)

InPartyAllowDead("IMOEN2")

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("BD_Imoen_Items","GLOBAL",1)

ActionOverride("Imoen_import_eq",TakeCreatureItems("IMOEN2",ALL))

SmallWait(1)

ActionOverride("IMOEN2",LeaveParty())

ActionOverride("IMOEN2",DestroySelf())

END

Should result in Imoens's things be in that container if she is in your final BG1 party defeating Sarevok.From there it is transferred to the Ducal Palace bedroom (BD0103,are, the area where you start SoD after the dungeon intermezzo) into a chest. at location 705.855.

Archived