"Would you like to display..." problem for Tweaks Anthology on Icewind Dale 2 Complete

Hello dear players of Infinity, I currently have a problem installing the Tweaks Anthology (TA) v8 on Icewind Dale 2 Complete from GOG (French version), please see screenhots (I'm playing v2.01, fresh installation, no other mods or versions of TA):

1550424562-twv8installproblem.jpg1550425129-twv8-eng-installproblem.jpg

As you can see the description text is not working well for me.

Am I missing something please? Thank you in advance.

Yeah, thing is, there's only 1 mod compatible with IWD2 in the other component classes other than the [Convenience Tweaks/Cheats], as you can see if you find the readme file. It being the "Baldur's Gate Casting Graphics", which you didn't skip, as it's in the Cosmetic Changes.

CamDawg probably just needs to recheck his code for the bits.

2 hours ago, desm said:

Hello dear players of Infinity, I currently have a problem installing the Tweaks Anthology (TA) v8 on Icewind Dale 2 Complete from GOG (French version), please see screenhots (I'm playing v2.01, fresh installation, no other mods or versions of TA):

1550424562-twv8installproblem.jpg1550425129-twv8-eng-installproblem.jpg

As you can see the description text is not working well for me.

Am I missing something please? Thank you in advance.

Not sure I understand--is the problem that the text is awkwardly wrapping to the next line?

The problem is likely that when you select to display components NONE show up... likely because none of the components are for IWD2, but there are a few other factors... like I said... why doesn't the "Baldur's Gate Casting Graphics" show up even when it's said to be FOR IWD2.

1 hour ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

The problem is likely that when you select to display components NONE show up... likely because none of the components are for IWD2, but there are a few other factors... like I said... why doesn't the "Baldur's Gate Casting Graphics" show up even when it's said to be FOR IWD2.

One of these days you'll actually help in one of these threads. Had you tested, or even done a cursory amount of investigation before posting, that day could have been today.

Outside of the Joinable NPC tweaks, there are multiple tweaks available for IWD2 in each category. And yes, that includes the BG casting graphics.

desm has not advanced to the actual components in either screenshot, so I conclude the issue is with the category names and how they're displayed across languages.

Edited by CamDawg
4 hours ago, CamDawg said:

Not sure I understand--is the problem that the text is awkwardly wrapping to the next line?

The problem is that the line doesn't tell what change does it affect. In the place of "Would you like to display... Y[Y] N[N]", I should have (for example) "Disable helmets animations Y[Y] N[N]?" (well, I assume. I will check for later components). What I find strange is that it has not been reported by french translators or other players who use Complete edition from GOG.

edit: I checked, the problem is, apparently, for the 5 first choices.

Thanks for the replies.

Edited by desm

Ah, I get it now. However, this is by design.

Tweaks has so many components now--180 last time I counted--that they get divided into five categories. Those five questions up front are designed to allow you to skip entire categories of tweaks if you're not interested, so that you don't have to mash 'no' repeatedly. They're not questions for installation of individual components. For example, answering no to the 'cosmetic tweaks' (or changements purement cosmetiques) means it will skip Remove Helmet Animations, Imoen Avatar Change, Nalia Avatar Change, etc. outright.

What tweak is in what category is covered in the readme and project page.

Ahh, I get it too now! Well yes, there is no problem so, it's only the way the sentence is turned and written that made me think there was something wrong but this was before you clarified things. Thank you very much and for all the enhancements (from an Icewind Dale fan). Cheers.