7 digit numbers pasted all over GUI screens

I have installed EET using the install tool and every time no matter what mods i have included there are numbers in front of every text in all of the GUI screens and Map locations, all chat boxes and option menus are covered with numbers next to every text line for some reason.

I am using Beamdogs version of the games from their site and the latest versions.

What am I missing ?

Thank you for any assistance.

Did you install the mods to the game language you are currently playing the game in? If not, that couldbe one reason. Open the file "weidu.conf" with an editor, it tells you which game language is modded. If it's the wrong language, you need to install new. Delete "weidu.conf" before installing anew to be able to chose a different game language the mods should be installed to.

I think you (or a mod) has enabled a debug feature that displays the reference numbers of all game strings.

To disable then, go into the user directory of the game "Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy" and open the file Baldur.lua. Search for the string "Strref On" (without the quotes) and check if it's set to 1. In that case change the 1 to 0 and save the changes. Make a backup of Baldur.lua beforehand, just in case.

Ah, if there is text, also, then it's not what I was referring to indeed. What I was describing with the numbers is if you see "Invalid: xxxxx" instead of the text lines.

To answer the question, though: the weidu.conf you can just delete manually, it just makes the next installer ask which game languga it should use.

Thank you both,

My Doc file was indeed set to 1, I didn't realize there were files in documents, so I have been re-installing again and again in vain. Again thanks for the quick responses and I appreciate your time and effort keeping these games alive and thriving. Your work and dedication as well as the other modders is exceptional.