[Tutorial] jastey's SoD NPC Modding Tutorials

https://gibberlings3.github.io/modding-resources/Tutorial_NPCMoveCampsSoD.html#toc_12

SaveLocation("LOCALS","bd_default_loc",[x1.y1]) //coordinates as used in xxbd1000.baf
	/* Note: here the "LOCALS" really need to be in capital letters. Ardanis: "Coordinate variables 
are about the only place I know where case matters." */

Since you point out that bit^^

/* kicked out somewhere else (not bd4700.are in Avernus, not Korlasz' Crypt) */
IF ~GlobalGT("bd_joined","locals",0)~ THEN BEGIN kickout_5
  SAY ~You want me to go?~
  + ~GlobalGT("bd_npc_camp_chapter","global",1)
     GlobalLT("bd_npc_camp_chapter","global",5)
     OR(2)
       !Range("ff_camp",999)
       NextTriggerObject("ff_camp")
     !IsOverMe("xxBiff")~ + ~Please go back to the camp.~ DO ~SetGlobal("bd_npc_camp","locals",1)~ + kickout_6
  ++ ~Just remain here and await my return, all right?~ + kickout_3
  ++ ~No, stay with the group.~ + kickout_4
END

It may be worth noting that the OR() structure in bold needs to be in exactly that order - Range() first, NTO(ISOverMe()) next, - and not followed by any further script syntax, otherwise the game will fail to evaluate the trigger if ff_camp is not present in current area.

Good point. I was aware of the order, but not that it needs to be at the end of the triggers. (I'm surprised I didn't add this information into the tutorial already.) Will add. EDIT: If this'd be all you'll criticize about my tutorials I'd be quite proud. 🙂

Tutorial 1 "Automatic Transition of NPCs into SoD and between Camps in SoD" updates to v9!

Changelog:

-Added note to paragraph "Biff's SoD kickout dialogue with the needed local variables" regarding the importance of trigger order for NextTriggerObject(!IsOverMe()) if the object might not be in the area, by Ardanis.

All Tutorials plus the Template Mod package were updated.

• Optimized naming scheme of d and baf files for search and replace of names (if tutorial NPC mod template is used for other NPCs): This includes unification of used naming schemes, correction of typos and oversights. Proposed examples might have changed in details.
  • Greetings dialogue file name changed to "xxBiffsG" to distinguish it from the OVERRDE script.
  • All variables should start with the prefix "xxBiff_".
  • Added note to paragraph "Biff's SoD kickout dialogue with the needed local variables" regarding the importance of trigger order for NextTriggerObject(!IsOverMe()) if the object might not be in the area.

Part 3 was updated to v5 with a bug fix.

Changelog:

• Updated link for "Providing the "Skipit" Functionality for Cutscenes".
  • Fixed syntax for interjection into "The Chicken, the Well, and the Dog Easter Egg" (I_C_T3 instead of I_C_T).

The Biff the Understudy NPC Tutorial mod package was updated to v6. Please note that the contents with scripted reactions to game events and crossmod to Road to Discovery is still a work in progress.

Changelog:

-Integrated script and dialogue templates for using Road to Discovery's trigger variable system for reactions to the main story elements.

The Bridgefort exterior map has a well, accessible after you gain control of the bridge. It also has a chicken you can talk to, which becomes a "Dusty Chicken" in your inventory if you do. Put gold into the well, get Bless or party-wide healing. Put a weapon in, make the spirit angry. Put the chicken in, and a dog comes by. Dialogue ensues, and this is something that any companion should have something to say for.

Biff NPC Tutorial mod package updates to 7 and is now alphatested on SoD. This is the last version I was planning, any updates will be bugfixes only.

Changelog:

-Optimized script and dialogue templates for using Road to Discovery's trigger variable system for reactions to the main story elements.
-The mod tempate is now alphatested with regard to general bugs, triggers, and appropriate timers.

Modding Tutorial Part 2: "Make Your NPC Comment and Move Along at the End of SoD" updates to v9.

Changelog: -Changed CutSceneID() in bdcut61_patch.baf to Player1.

Modding Tutorial Part 3: "Add Other General SoD Behavior to Your NPC: XP Adjustment, Actions in Story Cutscenes, Commenting of Main Story Events" updates to v6.

Changelog:

- Fixed variable setting at open portal comment.
- Fixed variable setting in arriving in Avernus comment.
- Fixed comment timing in Avernus elevator.